Since we have a new government now, what change does the cannabis community expect from the new government?

Too early to tell. We don't even know yet what portfolios will go to what Ministers (& their parties). And, depending how Srettha turns out as the boss, it may or may not be he who decides most important questions in any case ...

1 hour ago, ArnattKlinsong said:

What can we speculate? Good and Bad policy's that will be rolling out from the new government. 

"He also said they will support the continued legalization of medical marijuana and work to amend the constitution to make the country “become more democratic,”

https://www.townandcountrytoday.com/cannabis-news/thailands-pheu-thai-party-joins-with-pro-military-parties-in-coalition-to-form-new-government-7432993

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, greg71 said:

From your article:

"Srettha made this comment in response to Bhumjaithai Party leader Anutin Charnvirakul’s declaration on Wednesday that his party would only join a coalition that agrees to support the marijuana and hemp bill sponsored by Bhumjaithai."

This was in April

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, ArnattKlinsong said:

What can we speculate? Good and Bad policy's that will be rolling out from the new government. 

The question is how much did BJT cost PT.

PT has said that they would regulate it.  They also were part of the legislation that di not get passed.

Noone is really going to know until after the government is in power and acting.  

Will this be another promise that they break is the question

• Like 2

My best guess, based on BJT's participation in the ruling coalition, is that they'll resurrect the bill which passed a first reading ~ 9 June 2022, with 373 MPs voting in support of the bill, with 7 against. 23 MPs abstained.

This Cannabis Control Act designated a Cannabis Control Board (~ 25 members), which will more tightly regulate production, marketing, sales. Recreational use will remain in place.

So no significant changes.

• Like 1

it was the last thing on the agenda of the previous government and they ran out of time.

however if i were to throw out a random guess, i'd say it will be a year before its even brought up.

i'd like to see better taxation and better selling regulations. the country should benefit from cannabis sales like other luxury goods. most of the US states with legal cannabis have a budget surplus after a few years.

i personally don't care about politics in any country. in Thailand, laws are not my business unless they relate to immigration. regardless of what they decide, we'll continue to partake for health and sanity, as we have for almost 2 decades. its a lot easier to procure when its legal tho! fewer trips to Pattaya ????

#

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

PTP leader, Dr. Cholnan Srikaew (who resigned from party leadership, but not the cabinet, given his party joined with PPP an UTN) is the new Minister of Public health, and while some in PTP are very anti-Cannabis, he appears at least interested in Medical cannabis use. He is a physician.

Some slight tilt towards re-criminalization perhaps, but maybe only from 5% to 15% chance?

I still think everyone will be happy with the Cannabis Control Act, although some odd rules/laws might come out of the resulting Cannabis Control Board. Not unlike the Alcohol Control Board and their strange rules.

Thaksin is against it.?!

His influence in “his” party is not known but exists. 

You know his policy when he was PM…

At the end it will be a compromise in terms of “what is medical” and for sure it will be available but more restrictive. Part of the coalition deal. No one will lose face, thats for sure.

In the long term, meaning after Bumjaithai is not involved, they will close all shops again and will have more or less same policy as nearly 190 other countries.

Prediction, right.

The majority is against it. Politically as well as within the Thai people.

Fact confirmed in many surveys. Google.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stoner said:

and the number of shops that have opened reinforce this.

not really because you have to ask all people not only shop owners????.

I guess you have only left 2 brain cells fighting for third place.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stoner said:

and all the other thai (hundreds of thousands of people) that are making money from this new industry ? i imagine they hate it too. 

nice personal attack. smh. 

And the rest of the over 59 millions:).

Thanks????

Edited by Tom H
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

And some can't seem to interpret statistics.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017839

The poll surveyed 2,125 adults across the country from July 13 to 16.

This poll is one+ year old.

Asked if they were interested in using cannabis for recreation, 96.6 per cent said no, since the herb was legalised for medical use. Only 3.4 per cent said they were interested in recreational use.

interested/not interested in use

Asked for their view on cannabis legalisation, 82.7 per cent agreed with legalisation for medical use as it would benefit people, while 17.3 per cent disagreed, citing a lack of clear measures and information to regulate the use of cannabis.

IMO, Thais aren't that concerned about cannabis legalization, they have 10 or 20 other more pressing issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

82% for medical use only

96% not interested

Numerous other surveys same result with other words you potthead:).

No need to answer because people (majority?) dont respect your delusional worldview based on a potthead. Maybe in this threat but thats not representative:). 

????

Edited by Tom H
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...