Second Non-b With The Same Company?

dear forum,

i am a 32 year old german passholder staying in thailand on a multiple non-b visa that expires beginning of september. i will make sure i am crossing out and back into thailand before the last day of my visa to stay an extra 90 days - allowing me to stay until end of november/beginning of december.

as work has not developed the way it was planned, i do not have a work permit, nor a job. i am however still in contact with the thai-german company that initially sorted me out visawise. they just couldnt get my position (or the customers for the branch) ready so far but will keep working on it.

i am planning on going back to europe for xmas and to get another one year non-b visa in d'dorf again - hopefully with the help (letter of invitation) from the same company.

now there are two things bothering me:

will i have problems being granted a visa showing basically the same letter, new date, again but still not having obtained a workpermit? just like that company i am not in a hurry to start working with them in the nearest future as my farang-girlfriend is already earning here with permission and i do have income from germany.

for i cannot leave earlier, i will have to stay in thailand a week or two longer than the last possible stamp from my visa will take me. what is the best way to cover that period? will i have trouble getting a 30 day tourist stamp after a visarun? what is the downside (i.e. residency status) of not being able to show consecutive non-immigration visas? (i will at some stage start working here, get a work permit and stay for years). extension i reckon is not an option as i cannot produce any required papers yet?

any ideas appreciated - cheers!

Here are my thoughts:

1) Thai consulate will most likely issue you another visa. Thai diplomatic posts in Asia might give you a hard time, but probably no problem back in Europe. But - the local Thai officials do have discretion, so you need to be prepared to try another consulate (or the Thai Embassy), if your first attempt fails. You also need to be preprared for the posssibility they might only issue you only a single-entry 90 day visa.

2) If you need another couple of weeks, simply do a border run. They will allow you to reenter on another 30 day "entry upon arrival". This has no relation to anything with respect to your long-term immigration status - the only thing that counts toward eligibility for residency is consecutive long-term extensions. You have yet to receive yoiur first extension, so all time you accrue in 90 day increments is meaningless toward eventual residency.

The story you outline sounds like you are trying to "play the game" as if you are moving toward legitimate employment - but with almost zero chance that a real job is taking shape.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

thanks a lot, indo-siam, will go for the borderrun then! it seems like back in europe they will rather take 6000 baht for the visa than giving me a hard time...

its not so much just playing the game, as i am indeed moving towards employment - just very slowly. but time is no problem for me... as long as i get the sufficient visa(s) :o

Just back from Singapore with a fresh 90 days non-immi B...the third one on my own little company. No problems whatsoever. Only the price is steeply up, 85 SIN$ now...

I know the consulate in D'dorf, they are easy going, but haven;t been there for three years...so my info is not really up to date.