Good Buffet ?

simcity

What is some of the best buffets in Bangkok ?

I try

The Meridian few times ( ok, good )

The Marriott ( with this one I was terribly disappointed )

plus many other cheaper , looking at around 2000 to 3000 baht a head this time !

Perhaps Sukhothai for Sunday brunch ?

The Sheraton Grande is my personal favourite. 990 baht ++.

Directly across the road is Westin Grande, also excellent at 950 baht ++.

Royal Orchid Sheraton on the river is very similar although Sheraton Grande on Suhkumvit has better food.

I think the Plaza Athenee buffet at 1,400 baht ++ is over-priced. Quality and selection no better than the first two listed here.

http://www.absorbingtheworld.co.uk/blog/bu...s-5-hotels.html

Information on all of the 5 star hotel buffet offerings, including opening times, costs and nearest BTS stations!

they do not have Sukhothai in it , perhaps because only brunch on sunday !

i heared good thing with Four Seasons Bangkok :

Sunday only : 2,350B++ ( LOL, only )

well it is why looking at some feed back , before paying this price ..

it has to be a sunday

"Corkscrew" has posted pics and a small review of most buffets in town and so he's probably the expert. Maybe try PMing him...

Haven't been to many myself, but I heard the Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2 (i.e. not the riverside one) is generally considered the best - so am surprised you were disappointed by it, OP, assuming it's that Marriott you're referring to.

Shangri-La I've also heard is very good.

Haven't been to many myself, but I heard the Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2 (i.e. not the riverside one) is generally considered the best - so am surprised you were disappointed by it, OP, assuming it's that Marriott you're referring to.

Shangri-La I've also heard is very good.

I really would dispute this. the Marriott's buffet is a real let down and just doesn't compare with so many others. I have tried it three times - and won't be going back, even if someone else is paying!

Over many many years been to about all of them, but I can say for consistency, quality of offering and best value you can't beat Otto's (Bei Otto) Sunday Brunch. Now having said that it is not a comparible offering to most large hotels, with regards to a very wide variety, but still number one in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the much vaunted Sheraton Grande (Sukhumvit) Sunday buffet brunch today. It was OK. But, I found it quite overpriced for Bangkok. Price was 1600B + taxes, etc., came to nearly 1900 Baht/pp. That did not include the free flow wine, beer, booze, etc., which would have added another 600+ to the tab per person.

High points: free parking, live jazz trio, some oysters, lots of different salmon, antipasti... Low points, no great prepared dishes per se, lots of misc. things.

Overall. Price ok if comparing to other 5 star hotel buffets in Asia, HK, SG, etc.. Seems too excessive for Bangkok. Also, the Starwood hotel preferred card will not get you a discount, you have to subscribe to the special Starwood Priviledge card, and that only gets you a 25% discount.

Went to the much vaunted Sheraton Grande (Sukhumvit) Sunday buffet brunch today. It was OK. But, I found it quite overpriced for Bangkok. Price was 1600B + taxes, etc., came to nearly 1900 Baht/pp. That did not include the free flow wine, beer, booze, etc., which would have added another 600+ to the tab per person.

High points: free parking, live jazz trio, some oysters, lots of different salmon, antipasti... Low points, no great prepared dishes per se, lots of misc. things.

Overall. Price ok if comparing to other 5 star hotel buffets in Asia, HK, SG, etc.. Seems too excessive for Bangkok. Also, the Starwood hotel preferred card will not get you a discount, you have to subscribe to the special Starwood Priviledge card, and that only gets you a 25% discount.

I know you said "Bangkok," but the Sofitel Hotel in Khon Kaen serves the best buffet I have ever had in Thailand......fantastic, wonderful food, both farang and Thai food. I have not eaten at the Sofitel Hotel in Bangkok, but perhaps they have the same set-up there. Also, the setting/surroundings are very nice. I love it.....nothing negative to say (jeeezz....that is not like me....something must be wrong).

I made it to the Sheraton Grande on Saturday night for the buffet and I see they have put their prices up AGAIN! Honestly, 2.5 years ago it was 840 baht ++ for the buffet whereas now it is 1,150 baht ++. There have been four price increases in that time...and I have not noticed any changes in the buffet at all. OK, the one change is that the dessert selection is not quite as good as it once way. Frankly, even with the discount card, it is now on the steep side.

• 1 month later...
Buffets in Bangkok are just too expensive for my blood, The BEST ones in Chiang Mai are about 500 baht other than holidays.

if you're looking for a cheaper buffet try the asia hotel and baiyoke suite both very good selection and around 300 baht ,,,

Buffets in Bangkok are just too expensive for my blood, The BEST ones in Chiang Mai are about 500 baht other than holidays.

if you're looking for a cheaper buffet try the asia hotel and baiyoke suite both very good selection and around 300 baht ,,,

The Sunday buffet at Cafe 11 in Sukhumvit Soi 11 is very good value for around 450 baht.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Well as I start this post , I am adding something :

For my 50 birthday I went to Sukothai buffet on Sunday!

Place is ok, food you have three type of smoked salmon / foie gras / pasta bar / lamb roast , good selection of bread , very nice cheese and nice dessert !

What I did not like is :

i order a bottle of champagne at 5500+++ baht no vintage Paul Roger, but the waiter poor it to fast and to much on the glass , like it was water ! The bottle was finish under few moment, and big smile came asking if want one other to be chill !

I really feel push to the consummation to the extreme.

We have 2 glass of red after , a pino at I think 500 baht a glass

I should have done Sukothai 7 years ago, when it was on the top of the scale, I will not be back, pretty expensive the bill was 14000 baht ( 3 people ) but was special occasion !

One of my favourite place if anyone know are : JE NGOR’S KITCHEN ( SI-PHAYA)

Next time, I will like to try the four season ( nearly same price , but I think wine include ) and landmark as I got good report !