Options for Extension of Marriage visa

I, presently have a marriage visa but will soon need to do an extension. Due to medical expenses, I won't meet the 400,000 b. requirement at the time of application.

1. Should I apply for a 60-day visa to visit my wife at immigration. Hopefully this will give enough time to season the money. Is this accepted by Immigration?

2. Should I go to Savannakhet to apply for a single/multiple entry O marriage.

The thing that I am not sure about is " can I get an extension from a 60-day visa or I need to have a 90-day O marriage first before I can apply for an extension.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, proton said:

You do not have a marriage visa, you have an extension with marriage as the reason

The way I read the opening post of this topic, Ubonquest is currently on the 90-day permission to stay he received on entering with his "marriage visa", and the extension he meant to do would have been his first application for a one-year extension of stay for the reason of living with his wife, the so-called marriage extension.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ubonquest said:

Should I apply for a 60-day visa to visit my wife at immigration. Hopefully this will give enough time to season the money. Is this accepted by Immigration?

Yes and best option.

Note it's a 60 day extension.

Assume you are currently on a 12 month extension from a Non O based on marriage..

I am not clear about this 60 day extension and I have been here 10 years,

Do you get 1 60 d6ay extension per visa? If yes, does that mean that if you obtained your original visa  years ago and used that extension once, you can not do it again unless you apply for another marriage visa?

So, for example I got the visa in 2017 and used a 60 day extension the same year. Since then I have been on marriage extensions. 6 years later I want to use 60 day extension again.... can I use it or not? Is it once a year or once per visa?

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Do you get 1 60 d6ay extension per visa? If yes, does that mean that if you obtained your original visa  years ago and used that extension once, you can not do it again unless you apply for another marriage visa?

So, for example I got the visa in 2017 and used a 60 day extension the same year. Since then I have been on marriage extensions. 6 years later I want to use 60 day extension again.... can I use it or not? Is it once a year or once per visa?

Visa, I got caught out last year...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Unfortunately, if you used the 60-day extension in 2017, and have been on one-year extensions ever since, you are not eligible for another 60-day extension.

The alternative of going to Savannakhet for a single or multiple entry Non O visa from there is probably your best short term solution.