Indian Businessman Kidnapped With 11-year-old Son

george

Indian businessman kidnapped with 11-year-old son

BANGKOK: -- Three men with face mask stormed into a mansion of a businessman of Indian origin and kidnapped him and his 11-year-old son early Friday police said.

Ratana Kumar, 52, was kidnapped from his mansion on Soi Sukhumvit 12 at 5:15 am and took the businessman away along with the son.

Police quoted a security officer as saying the men covered their face and claimed to be police officers coming to take away the businessman for questioning as to whether he had laundered money.

-- The Nation 2007-07-13

thats exactly what i mean soundman.

maybe the security guy was sleeping - as per normal - and only saw the back of them?

Hit the nail on the head there Donna.

Got caught napping or being somewhere else when the abduction went down & has to make an excuse to cover up his ineptness. Still, what an unbelievably dumb excuse. :o

Cheers.

A American, A welshman, and now a Indian, what is Thailand coming to? There must be thousands of wealthy Thai's who have more money readily avaliable than these poor smucks. Wonder why the locals are not targets or if so maybe its not put in the newspapers. Is it possible the local police force is working on these kidnappings in more ways than one.

thats exactly what i mean soundman.

maybe the security guy was sleeping - as per normal - and only saw the back of them?

Hit the nail on the head there Donna.

Got caught napping or being somewhere else when the abduction went down & has to make an excuse to cover up his ineptness. Still, what an unbelievably dumb excuse. :o

Cheers.

yes i know it sounds very sussed on behalf of the security guy but i got tell you, if i was a security guy in los getting payed bugger all i dont think id be talking on any masked gun man who as we know dont play games. :D

i mean those security guys are good for stopping stray soi dogs from getting in and that about all, what more do you people expect.?

pay peanuts and get monkeys, very easily and why should they place there lives on the line for there pathetic monthly salary.?

i bet you lot would not do it. :D

thank you very much.

yes i know it sounds very sussed on behalf of the security guy but i got tell you, if i was a security guy in los getting payed bugger all i dont think id be talking on any masked gun man who as we know dont play games. :o

i mean those security guys are good for stopping stray soi dogs from getting in and that about all, what more do you people expect.?

pay peanuts and get monkeys, very easily and why should they place there lives on the line for there pathetic monthly salary.?

i bet you lot would not do it. :D

thank you very much.

Of course I wouldn't do it. IMO I'm not braindead! :D As far as stopping the dogs, forget it! Getting out of the chair to shoo them off with a stick would be too hard. :D

Cheers.

Soundman.

So, your point is that if they suddenly raise the pay, these guards will suddenly improve?

I doubt that very much.

no,,

my point is that they had no chance against exerienced gun man, so why get killed when your wage is nothing?. even if they improved there wages its would still not be enough to pull on these guys and all one has to do is pay the ransom and all is good.

this dude is loaded, so better to pay up instead of some lowly security gaurds taking a bullet for there troubles and as we know, the security gaurds would of got no thanks if they were killed.

i put to you,

would of you been the big hero if confronted with professional killers.?

of course not mate, so what are you going on about . :o

thank you very much.

:D:D:D:o

want to see the posters stupid face if they or some of their family members being kidnapped.

Stupid folks.

does'nt matter if you payed them western wages ,they still would'nt fackle anyone and chance getting killed.sercurity gaurds have lives and family ,let the police sort it .....

does'nt matter if you payed them western wages ,they still would'nt fackle anyone and chance getting killed.sercurity gaurds have lives and family ,let the police sort it .....

What's the point of having a security guard then? Glorified car door opener? If I employed someone to protect me from the boogeyman he darn well better do a good job or I'll shoot him myself...

Soundman.

What's the point of having a security guard then? Glorified car door opener? If I employed someone to protect me from the boogeyman he darn well better do a good job or I'll shoot him myself...

Soundman.

As with many things here, it's all about appearance and no content.

I saw a guy jump the wall across the street from our house. The neighbours did not appear to be there. I went to the security booth, called the wife and asked her to explain. Seems they didn't care at all. Half an hour later a skinny 60 year old man came around on his bicycle and left immediately when he saw nothing from his bicycle seat, his feet never touched the ground. Turns out the parents had locked in their teenage daughter and the boyfriend still came around to visit for a quickie through the metal gate. :o

As SlapOut put it, the local police have been… "working on these cases in more ways than one"…

//remove link to outside forum - lopburi3//

there were apparently a few cops, and their thug friends, in this gang:

//remove link to outside forum - lopburi3//

As SlapOut put it, the local police have been… "working on these cases in more ways than one"…

http://www.esnips.com/web/KidnapStory/

there were apparently a few cops, and their thug friends, in this gang:

http://www.esnips.com/web/bkkinvestigatorsPhotos

Slightly off topic - but was there any update on the above Kidnap? I remember at the time (around April 2007), there was a big threada nd active dicusssion on ThaiVisa......

I've tried to search back on the original thread but it has been locked..?? Anybody know what happened after with the Mark Hutchison case?

Well, it is only "off-topic" if the Thai Police are 'NOT' an active part of the kidnap rings, but thus far, in every case, (Mark Hutchison, and others before him) the 'real' Thai police have been a part of every reported kidnapping. So, when the thugs grabbed the Indian guy, and when they told the building security that they were Thai police, well... maybe the thugs really were Thai police. We may never know, since the official story will get massaged by the CSD and Metro squads, and the real news may get filtered by a timid local press.

Yeah, and how about those missing links:

//link to outside forum removed - lopburi3//

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117889

'Policemen' abduct Indian and son, then release them

Men posing as police officers abducted an Indian businessman and his 16-year-old son from a Klong Toei apartment yesterday morning, but later released them unharmed.

The gang demanded a Bt40-million ransom.

Security guard Makkawan Sukkhun told police the gang arrived at the apartment building at 5am. The men drove a red Honda car and white Toyota van.

Police learned the men were hooded and armed and claimed to have an arrest warrant for landlord Rattana Kumar, 52, on money-laundering charges.

Makkawan told police the gang had forced him to take them to Rattana's apartment, where they abducted the father and son.

Rattana later told police the gang had demanded Bt40 million, which he said he could not raise. The gang reduced the demand to Bt30 million. He was released in the Don Muang area and told to gather the money for his son's release.

Half an hour later Rasim telephoned to say he had been let go in the Nawanakhon area.

Metropolitan Police division 5 deputy commander Colonel Chan Choonhawong said police suspected the gang had given up on their plan after learning the police had been alerted.

Police were told Rattana recently dismissed his driver after he had demanded repayment for bogus automobile repairs.

Police suspect disgruntled employees may be behind the kidnapping as revenge for rebukes by a "hot-tempered" Rattana and son.

Source: The Nation - 14 July 2007

Soi 12 is a sleepy soi once you get past Cabbages and Condoms. I can’t see the need for heavy security down there. In fact it is one of the Places that everyone knows everyone or is in some way related. There is a very tight nit Indian community.

i don't know how this forum works and where to start new topics.

but i really need help. where does foreigners go for help? pls leave information in my pvt box if it does exit here.

Edited by bekkie

would of you been the big hero if confronted with professional killers.?

of course not mate, so what are you going on about . :o

thank you very much.

Terry, no I wouldn't, but I worked in a dangerous area once and had 3 guards who were killed. They, by the way, were paid peanuts--1500 baht per month. (I didn't set the wage). They were guards and it was their job, so they did it as best they could. They weren't foolish and they had been trained.

This isn't meant as a jab at you, but somehow everyone seems to think if you raise the pay for these guys they will suddenly perform well--they won't, they will just drink more expensive hooch!