US, K-1 Visa, Sponsor requirement.

She was mentioning I need to be employed, however, this does not make sense since some people have money and are retired. She just got her bachelor degree and speaks good english. How can we fill the sponsor requirement if Im not currently working? Im here in Thailand living with her now, but we want to migrate back to the states. 

Edited by racinkc1

Your fiancé mentioned this?  Where did she get that information?  
I’m in the states.  I contacted two Immigration Attorneys here to inquire about K1 Visa.  I’m retired and nothing was mentioned I had to be employed.  Both attorneys were aware I was retired. But I’m sure you have to have sufficient finances.  There are many factors involved 

Edited by swm59nj

No, you do not need to be employed. Your income must be verified with your IRS 1040, if they request it.  You do not need W2s, pay stubs, etc.  Everyone is held to this same requirement for the K1. I'm certain of this....and I also do not recommend an immigration attorney if you can read and write.  All the attorney will do is tell you what you need to provide to them and they fill out the Petition - you do all the leg work and everything except fill out the form. There are some cases that may need an attorney but it's not often unless you have some complications that must be dealt with.   I'm in process now, and my I-129F petition was approved this month.  Message me if you have more questions.  Also, I suggest the FB Group K1 ( fiancèe visa) Support group.  

Edited by NedR69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

She was mentioning I need to be employed, however, this does not make sense since some people have money and are retired. She just got her bachelor degree and speaks good english. How can we fill the sponsor requirement if Im not currently working? Im here in Thailand living with her now, but we want to migrate back to the states. 

Wish you good luck but be prepared for frustration. A young, as yet unmarried Thai female, no longer having need to return to Thailand, education completed. Persevere or get married in Thailand and then go to settle in USA.

If and when you get her to USA, take the full 90 days before you commit sideways and get married.

Once she has been 90 days in the States,  maybe she will develop a new personality that may not be compatible to your desires.  Even non-round eyes can develop the symptomatic disorder the affects most Western round-eyed women.

If you want to stretch in out longer, get her enrolled for an Ed visa.   Do this and you get up to 24 months before you commit sideways.

Remember, legal marriage is a conceptual form of bondage created by preachers and politicians to ruin your life and extract funds from you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1