Welcome to Our Hotel - Did you bring a lock for your door?

Dazinoz

Ok, never had this before. Visited a friend in Chiang Kham in Playa Province. Went to a small hotel which had 4 individual "cottages" (not sure or correct terminology) with  friend. We paid for first day, unpacked car and had shower. We then headed out for dinner. I asked my friend did she bring the key, she replied no key. I hadn't noticed but the door had no handle, knob or lock just a point on door and frame for padlock. Was told needed to provide own lock. Doubt too many people carry a padlock around with them. Inside was just a sliding bolt.

Payment was also a little different. Paid the requested 350 for first day as that was all I had in wallet. Said would pay next days amount next day. So next day i decided to have nap and left 350 with friend to pay. When I woke up she said 400 because we stayed after check out time. I said yes but I paid for an extra day. So 350 if checkout by checkout time or 400 if staying whole day. 

Before all the "cheap Charlie" callers hit the keyboards, I am not complying, just reporting as I had not seen this practice.

21 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I think you find that as it is a "short time" hotel/motel people are expected to lock them selves inside while they do the short time stuff and then leave! :partytime2:

There is no need for you to have a key to lock on exit or entry!

Possibly but don't think so. It is listed on a few booking sites like Trip.com. Don't think they list the short time hotels but I could be wrong. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Possibly but don't think so. It is listed on a few booking sites like Trip.com. Don't think they list the short time hotels but I could be wrong. 

Don't see why funny.