1 Yr Multiple Entry Non-o

Roog,

It's a long time since I had to do this, every 90 days you could extend for 14 days and then another 14 days after that you leave the country come back and do the same again till your visa expires, that way the total time will be 1 year 3 months.

I was under the impression that you must exit/re-enter the kingdom every 90 days. Someone has told me otherwise, each 90 days you can extend at an immigration office? Is this true?

Thanks.

Exit and return every 90 days. Make your last exit a couple of days before it expires and you get 15 months total.

Roog,

It's a long time since I had to do this, every 90 days you could extend for 14 days and then another 14 days after that you leave the country come back and do the same again till your visa expires, that way the total time will be 1 year 3 months.

There are no more 14 day extensions but if you exit/enter just prior to expiration of the one year visa you obtain a new 90 day stay so it totals almost 15 months.

Thanks for the replies, but I'm not sure if my question has been clearly answered. For the life of my one year non-O, can I substitute each future 90 day exit/re-entry by a visit to local immigration?

Thanks for the replies, but I'm not sure if my question has been clearly answered. For the life of my one year non-O, can I substitute each future 90 day exit/re-entry by a visit to local immigration?

I was also told the same as you, however when we asked at our local immigration office (Maptaput, Rayong) they advised that I must leave the country to get another 90 days, I could not renew without leaving Thailand.

No you can not.

If you have a non-immigrant O and a work permit you can just go to Immigration and fill in a '90 days reporting' form and you don't have to leave the country, when I just had my non imm O and before I was working then yes, I had to leave every 90 days - hope this helps

If you have a non-immigrant O and a work permit you can just go to Immigration and fill in a '90 days reporting' form and you don't have to leave the country, when I just had my non imm O and before I was working then yes, I had to leave every 90 days - hope this helps

thanks all, and Kirsty - that's what the guy had, I'm sure. So for me it's still exit and re-enter.

I believe you misunderstand. A non immigrant O visa does not allow you to stay longer than 90 days. If you extend your stay (filling out forum TM.7 and paying 1,900 baht at Immigration and are qualified you would not have to leave ie stamp in your passport would be for one year - otherwise you do). If you extend your stay you then have to report your current address every 90 days, using a TM.47 form and you can do that at any immigration office or by mail.

If you have visa entry (meaning 90 day permitted to stay stamp) you must exit the country - there is no option to sign a paper at immigration to avoid this. And having a work permit does not change this.

If you extend your stay you then have to report your current address every 90 days, using a TM.47 form and you can do that at any immigration office or by mail.

That is, 90 days from the date of your last entry, is that correct? So if you do go out before the 90 days are up a new 90 day period starts all over again.

What if your address has in fact changed? Is the 90 time limit superceded by a requirement to report the new address asap?

If your "one year non-O" visa is a "one-year visa for the purpose of retirement" (Non-Immigrant Visa O-A Long Stay), all you should have to do is report in every 90 days, either in person at the local immigration control or police station, or by mail.

From the Thai Embassy Washington DC web site:

When completing the stay of 90 days in the Kingdom, the alien shall report to the competent authority and repeat it every 90 days with the immigration officer in the alien's residence area, or report to the police station in the alien's residence area if there is no immigration control there.

(In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows:

- The Report Form (To Mo 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien's photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp as well as a self addressed evelop with postage affixed, shall be forwarded, by 7 days before the due date, by acknowledgement of receipt mail to the Immigration Bureau, Sathon Tai Road, Sathon District, Bangkok 10120.

- In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report shall be enclosed as well.)

Im on a Non Immagration type '0' and after every 90days I go down to my local immagration office in Korat and get an extra 60 days extention on top of that before leaving the country to re enter. Im intitled to an extra 60 days because I am married to a Thai, im not sure what extention you can get if you not but it must be something.

And you have done this 60 day extension how many times? There is no automatic provision for a 60 day extension because you are married but there is a new provision since October that allows a one time 60 day extension. Korat must be very liberal and interpret this as one time per entry if indeed they allow more than once. I am not sure others will do so.

7.23 In case of entering for

visiting a Thai wife /

husband or child.

The permission shall be

granted only one time with

the granted period not

exceeding 60 days.

And you have done this 60 day extension how many times? There is no automatic provision for a 60 day extension because you are married but there is a new provision since October that allows a one time 60 day extension. Korat must be very liberal and interpret this as one time per entry if indeed they allow more than once. I am not sure others will do so.

visiting a Thai wife /

husband or child.

The permission shall be

the granted period not

exceeding 60 days.

It can only be a local Korat peculiarity Lop.

Im on a Non Immagration type '0' and after every 90days I go down to my local immagration office in Korat and get an extra 60 days extention on top of that before leaving the country to re enter...

“Leaving the country to re enter” has me a little confused. Do you have a single-entry non-O visa, upon entry in Thailand get 90 days, get a 60-day extension from Immigration office for living with Thai spouse, then leave Thailand to get a new single-entry non-O visa, return to Thailand, then repeat the entire procedure?

--

Maestro

I have a multiply entry non '0' which has just ran out a few days ago. Ill explain how my year went.

I arrived 17th July 2006 with a 90 day stamp taking me to the 14th October

5th October I went to the Cambodian boarder, crossed the boarder came back and got another 90 day stamp keeping me here until jan 2nd 07.

Due to having a holiday booked in the middle of the expire date, I went the the Korat immigration office to ask for an extention. At the time I wasnt sure how long I would get but i had read that I could get one. On the 29th December I went to the office showed them my passport and they offered me just a few days extention which i declined. As we was walking out they asked if my wife and I if we were married to which we replyed yes. They then said I could have an extra 60 days. They stamped my passport giving me an extention till 3rd March 07.

On the 2nd March 07 I took a flight to Singapore and spent 2 nights there before returning home to get another 90 stamp in my passport taking me to the 2nd June.

On the 30th of May I went back to the immigration office in Korat and they gave me another 60 day extention taking me up until the 1st August 07.

As my Non 0 was due to run out on the 10th of July, I took another trip to the Cambodian Boarder on the 9th of July to get and extra 90 days. Giving me Until the 6th October. I have no idea If i can get another extention when this runs out as my Non O visa has expired so it looks like a months holiday back in Sunny old England for me the misses and our Son.

So in total I left the country 3 times and got myself 2 60 day extentions over the year, happy days!

I was under the impression that you must exit/re-enter the kingdom every 90 days. Someone has told me otherwise, each 90 days you can extend at an immigration office? Is this true?

Thanks.

1 year multi o you must leave the country every 90 days and re enter

retirement visa you must report to your local immigration every 90 days think your friend has got confused

Yeah the extensions were 1900 each time. I had to bring with me photocopies of our marrage cert, passport, visa in passport, imagration card thats normally in your passport, a passport photo and my wife had to give them copies of her id card and her house regestration. I think thats all of it, thye just wanted everything photocopied and signed, i think the only original documents they need are your passport.

G'day Gentlemen,

I'm not in Thailand yet, and you have me confused. My wife and I are to travel, and retire there next month. We are in posession of 'Non immigrant visas, classification 'O_A', extension of stay not permitted'. They are multiple entry visas, valid for one year from the date of entry in my passport. My advice from the High Comission here in Perth is as below.

The visa is valid for one year from the date of stamping in my passport.

I should report to immigration every 90 days, from the date of my entry into the Country.

I do not have to exit the Country for the 90 day contact, it will be done locally.

The visa is renewable in the Country, again at a local immigration office.

If my comments above are not right, please would someone advise, it's no problem for me to get more information.

Regards.

G'day Gentlemen,

I'm not in Thailand yet, and you have me confused. My wife and I are to travel, and retire there next month. We are in posession of 'Non immigrant visas, classification 'O_A', extension of stay not permitted'. They are multiple entry visas, valid for one year from the date of entry in my passport. My advice from the High Comission here in Perth is as below.

I should report to immigration every 90 days, from the date of my entry into the Country.

I do not have to exit the Country for the 90 day contact, it will be done locally.

If my comments above are not right, please would someone advise, it's no problem for me to get more information.

Regards.

Your Visa is different from the visa that i and Jarred have , your visa is as you have explained .

JB

visiting a Thai wife /

husband or child.

The permission shall be

the granted period not

exceeding 60 days.

It can only be a local Korat peculiarity Lop.

Yes Dr PP Korat Immigration is indeed peculiar.... :D

I applied there to change from an extension based on Marriage to an extension based on Support FROM a Thai child. My son was two and a half when I applied.

They did issue the 1 year extension but the Officer in Charge there told me very clearly that I could only have this type of visa until my son was 18 and after that I would have to change back to an extension based on Marriage.

They wrote in Thai above the extension that it is for Support OF a Thai child.

This was in March this year when the extension based on Support OF a Thai child no longer existed....... :o

G'day Gentlemen,

Regards.

Yes you seem to understand what you have. The 90 day report is to report your address and can be done by post if you wish.

By the way , Do you have a problem reading regular size print? :o:D

1. The O-A visa allows a one year permitted to stay stamp to be issued on each arrival.

2. You can exit and enter just before the visa expiration date and get a new one year permitted to stay stamp.

3. Using 2 above you would not have to visit immigration for an extension of stay for almost two years.

4. If you use above system you must remember that after visa expiration date you will need a re-entry permit for travel.

5. You have to report address when in Thailand 90 days (from date of entry). You use form TM.47 and can do at any immigration office or by mail.

6. If you travel and do not stay 90 days no report is required until you enter and actually stay 90 days.

7. Once the visa is expired and your permitted to stay is down to 3-4 week remaining you visit Immigration with normal proof 800k bank account (for three months) or 65k pension of combination for a one year extension of stay. This will not be a new visa and any travel out of Thailand will require a re-entry permit first (or you will lose the extension of stay).

8. I assume both you and wife qualified and obtained O-A visas rather than the normal one person retired and dependent obtains a non immigrant O visa (which has different requirements for extension of stay).

Thanks.

l have a 12 month visa ,, single re -entry ,,,it expires on the 27/11/2007,,, every 90 days l must report to Nong Khai Immigration ( or 7 days either way),,,, for me ,, exit was not a must ,,, it was my choice to return to Oz ,, and l will do again in 2 months,, each time,, l must fill out a re-entry form or my 12 month visa will become invalid ,,,,,

l hope this is of some help ,,,,,cheers

Hello all

Can someone be so kind to provide a link about this 60 day extension based on Marriage thats good for one time use only - (7.23). I looked around the gov. site but mabey I missed it or is there a doc. at immigration I can request that states this.

Thanks

At the top of this forum there is a "useful information" post. If you open that and read down you fill find several links to the Police Order 606/2006 the will provide the document you require. Below is direct link to the English language Immigration translation.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf