Gold prices see slight lift, gold ornaments trading at 32,500 baht

snoop1130

thai-gold-shop.jpg

Gold prices surged today as the Gold Traders Association revised rates upwards. This comparison is made to the end prices of August 28, when gold ornaments were selling at 32,500 baht per baht weight. Today, the price was revised upwards by 100 baht, compared to the closing price of August 28. The price of gold ornaments moved to 32,500 baht per baht weight, according to the latest data published on the Gold Traders Association’s website at 9.26am.

In the domestic market, the purchase price for gold bars stood at 31,900 baht per baht weight and were sold at 32,000 baht, as announced in the first release of the day. Gold ornaments with 96.5% purity were bought at 31,320.56 baht per baht weight and sold at 32,500 baht. The global gold market (Gold Spot) was priced at US$1,921.50 per ounce.

To summarise, the gold prices for today, August 29, as announced in the first release were:

• For gold bars:
    • Purchase price: 31,900 baht per baht weight
    • Selling price: 32,000 baht per baht weight

• For gold ornaments:
    • Purchase price: 31,320.56 baht per baht weight
    • Selling price: 32,500 baht per baht weight.

By Neill Fronde

Caption: Photo Courtesy of Tasty Thailand

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/economy/thai-gold-prices-see-slight-increase-with-gold-ornaments-now-trading-at-32500-baht-per-baht-weight

-- The Thaiger 2023-08-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

It would help for us farang to be educated about what a baht weight is. I’m 62 and I’ve never heard the term in my life I’ve been playing in gems and rocks and gold and silver most of my career.

4 minutes ago, Shmo said:

It would help for us farang to be educated about what a baht weight is. I’m 62 and I’ve never heard the term in my life I’ve been playing in gems and rocks and gold and silver most of my career.

Just google it. Heard of google? 82yos can use it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shmo said:

15.2 gram. Or is it 15.3?

• Like 1