18-30m/Rai at Nonthaburi

Went to see some land at Nonthaburi region and was surprised to see land costing between 18-30mil/Rai at locations near the main roads/highways

Land that are further in the Soi  cost 12-18m/rai. What is going on with these prices? How are locals gonna afford such prices? Am i missing something

Asked my in laws and they said most land are passed down from generations to generations when land were dirt cheap. I need 1-2 rai of land for my business and future home and these prices that were quoted while cheaper than what I can get in my home country still sounds excessive in Thailand

Are these fair prices for land here or sellers just pricing their land at ridiculous prices while having no intentions to sell hoping a fool will buy it

Edited by leclec
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, leclec said:

Land that are further in the Soi  cost 12-18m/rai. What is going on with these prices? How are locals gonna afford such prices? Am i missing something

Seriously? Locals? 

The condo developers buy the land.

I know a girl who's father owns the land and house next to the abandoned Sathorn Unique.... maybe 10 Rai. Offered 2 billion baht 15 years ago. He declined the sale because the land as you say was passed from generation to generation and is meant for future generations and not immediate enrichment. 

Edited by Celsius

On 8/29/2023 at 10:54 PM, leclec said:

Are these fair prices for land here or sellers just pricing their land at ridiculous prices

They price it too high if they don't really need to sell it, if there is a buyer then it will be just like their "lotto" wins. 

The prices of land sometimes flabbergast me. Some times, I just check for it.

Once (2014 It was, I believe) there was a possibility to buy a big house with 28 Rai in area Loei.

Only 9 million baht ! Was an incredible property. To lower price more, I asked for only house and some land, couldnt be done. The owner wanted to sell all in one deal.

Now i see sometimes a piece of land and costing 5 million for not even a rai. Huh? No, not in the middle in the center of a high class place.