Scroll lock on Windows 11

samtam

I have Googled and followed the instructions on how to unlock my locked keyboard scrolling facility, to no avail.

I have a small HP that has no ScrLk button, so I used the virtual keyboard. It's not locked, so I lock it, (blue) and unlock it, but still not able to scroll. I can operate by using the touch screen, or by jumping using the touch pad, but not by putting the cursor on the scroll bar. What am I doing wrong?

On 8/31/2023 at 4:26 PM, samtam said:

I have Googled and followed the instructions on how to unlock my locked keyboard scrolling facility, to no avail.

I have a small HP that has no ScrLk button, so I used the virtual keyboard. It's not locked, so I lock it, (blue) and unlock it, but still not able to scroll. I can operate by using the touch screen, or by jumping using the touch pad, but not by putting the cursor on the scroll bar. What am I doing wrong?

Check windows onscreen keyboard settings, maybe scrlk need to be turned off/on there.

On 9/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, samtam said:

Thanks. Have done that several times. It's off. I put it on, then turn it off. Still locked.

OK.

Found this post somewhere. Perhaps you could try it.

"On my new company HP Elitebook, I found you have to press 'FN Lock' & 'FN' & 'C' together to turn the scroll lock on and off. Unfortunately trial and error was the only way to solve this"

If that fails to work, maybe uninstall the keyboard drivers in device manager, reboot the pc and they will auto reinstall.

Try HP keyboard drivers???

Edited by freeworld

7 minutes ago, freeworld said:

OK.

Found this post somewhere. Perhaps you could try it.

"On my new company HP Elitebook, I found you have to press 'FN Lock' & 'FN' & 'C' together to turn the scroll lock on and off. Unfortunately trial and error was the only way to solve this"

If that fails to work, maybe uninstall the keyboard drivers in device manager, reboot the pc and they will auto reinstall.

Try HP keyboard drivers???

I was about to suggest something like this as I saw it at my old work. Good pickup.