True Mobile Data in Chiang Mai

sqwakvfr

Has anyone in Chiang Mai with True Mobile had problems with Data Speeds?  I have had True Mobile for the last 7 years and in the past they have been very reliable.  I have a 5G phone and at times I was getting speeds of 250 Mbps.  For the last 3 days Data speeds have ranged from 0.15 to 3 mbps.  This slowdown usually lasts 3 to 5 hours.  I called True Customer Support (not so supportive) several times.  At first I was told "engineers are working on it" and then I was told to restart my phone.  I have restarted my phone 10 times in the last three days.  Today i went to the True Store at Maya Mall and the very professional store manager said a cable was cut two days ago and this caused problems with Data service.  He was the only True employee that has actually been helpful.  Currently I am still getting 1 to 3 mbps.  It would not be a big deal but I am paying 1176 Baht for unlimited high speed data and "5G speeds when available. As a gesture of 'kindness" True Customer Support offered me a 20% discount if I sign a 6 month contract.  Wow, I would never sign another contract with True.  I have been on a month to month for 4 years.  I regret not switching to either AIS or Dtac in the past.  At this point with only a few months left on my Ext of Stay it doesn't make much sense to sign a contract with another company.  

I checked and it appears the data speeds are only slow in my immediate neighborhood.  I live within walking distance of Ram hospital.