CounterService App - paying electricity bills with credit card (get Payment Success email but the app says failed)

Anyone else using CounterService App to pay their electricity bills with credit card? I get a Payment Success email but if I look at the history on the app, it says payment failed. This also happened last month too, but both this time and last month the credit card was charged by them.

Also, how do we know for sure that the PEA bill was paid? If it didn't go through, would it show on this month's new bill the outstanding amount from last month in addition to this month's charges?

If you still have power, I think we can assume that PEA got paid ???? 

PEA have an app which allows you to check usage and payment status, you can also pay your bill with it (uses EasyBills for credit card payments).

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If you still have power, I think we can assume that PEA got paid ???? 

PEA have an app which allows you to check usage and payment status, you can also pay your bill with it (uses EasyBills for credit card payments).

I'm the tenant, not the owner though. Can anyone just check usage & payment status of a property via the PEA app?

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I'm the tenant, not the owner though. Can anyone just check usage & payment status of a property via the PEA app?

The App needs a Thai ID number and the account ID (on the bill). You can either use your GF/BF number (or even the landlord's ID), or, there are a number of apps that will generate a "valid" ID (passes the Luhn checksum). No checking other than that is performed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Also, there may be other apps you could use to check, if you have them. On my phone, I can use either the Kasikorn bank K+ app, True Money, Lazada Wallet or Rabbit Line pay to check whether there's an outstanding balance on any given PEA account.

Ok, I tried it with the KBank app to check by doing a pay to the PEA and entering the CA/Ref No1 and get the following message:

"Sorry - The system cannot process your transaction at this moment. Please try again later." Does this mean there's no outstanding amount to pay and the previous CounterService Pay payment went through successfully?

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Ok, I tried it with the KBank app to check by doing a pay to the PEA and entering the CA/Ref No1 and get the following message:

"Sorry - The system cannot process your transaction at this moment. Please try again later." Does this mean there's no outstanding amount to pay and the previous CounterService Pay payment went through successfully?

I think it does. I just tried and got the same message. However when the bill is due and there is an outstanding balance, it shows it.