What's 'Harvard Man' STEVEN PINKER Good For? Learning to Swear?

GammaGlobulin

To The Sailor in You:

Anytime I become too bored with certain TV Topics, mostly my own, I listen to Pinker teach children and adults, alike, How & Why to blaspheme, curse and swear.

So, in my tedium, I began to consider the question:

How much FOUL Language do you use in your everyday speech?

I mean, do you often use words like, f$$k, s&&t, p^^s, c##t, and, Scott’s favorite…cr@p?

So anyway, if you don’t yet know how to utter foul utterances professionally and effectively, I have linked this most informative video from STEVEN PINKER, of Harvard, showing you how to improve your vocabulary.

1. Please enjoy this fun and intellectually stimulating video

1. Tell us how often and with what frequency you intersperse your everyday discourse with profanity.

1. Tell us if cursing helps you to convey your meaning to others.

1. Has anyone ever punched you in the nose, just because of what they might have considered to be an inappropriate word choice on your part?

This video is delicious, and I have watched it several times in the past.

And…This video is an example of why I like people at Harvard like Pinker. Pinker was also at McGill, too, when I was there. Wish I had known him when we were both in our early twenties..No S**t!

F^^king A!!!

GaMM@

Please Note:  Last week, I think it was, Big Bird asked me to post a topic on STEVEN PINKER, provided I thought it might have any redeeming value, or be of use to general society, or to society in general, and I forget his exact language.

Note2:  Personally speaking, I use foul language exclusively for teaching purposes, and not gratuitously, like most of you, I imagine.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

I rarely swear at people. Joke with gf only. People who swear at people for no reason are just highlighting their low IQ.

What about Nixon. 

Maybe Ike, too. 

We're not necessarily referring to cursing at people, but mostly the use of swear words in everyday speech. 

Nixon's IQ was one of the highest among US presidents... 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

What about Nixon. 

Maybe Ike, too. 

We're not necessarily referring to cursing at people, but mostly the use of swear words in everyday speech. 

Overuse means the mind lacks creativity. Clive James used to tell people where to go without swearing. That takes talent.

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

"Everyone has a right to a university degree in America, even if it's in Hamburger Technology."

Clive James

You are cherrypicking the quotes of a fool.. 

You forgot these quotes... 

James strongly supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, saying in 2007 that "the war only lasted a few days" and that the continuing conflict in Iraq was "the Iraq peace".[61] He also wrote that it was "official policy to rape a woman in front of her family" during Saddam Hussein's regime and that women have enjoyed more rights since the invasion.[62] In 2017, James contributed a chapter to a book on climate change published by the Institute of Public Affairs, advocating climate denialism.[63]

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You are cherrypicking the quotes of a fool.. 

You forgot these quotes... 

James strongly supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, saying in 2007 that "the war only lasted a few days" and that the continuing conflict in Iraq was "the Iraq peace".[61] He also wrote that it was "official policy to rape a woman in front of her family" during Saddam Hussein's regime and that women have enjoyed more rights since the invasion.[62] In 2017, James contributed a chapter to a book on climate change published by the Institute of Public Affairs, advocating climate denialism.[63]

Interesting

• Thanks 1