Pattaya Condo Real Estate Agents

35 minutes ago, hammered said:

To be honest I am neither asking for investment advice, or looking at it as an investment but a place for us to use. I have decades of renting in Thailand and have my own reasons for wanting to go this way. Anyway, do you have a recommendation for an agency?

Just some advice, I think the agents are all pretty poor.

They get a much higher percentage commission from a developer for selling a new unit, you will actually get the best deal from a motivated seller who may take anything above half what he's asking.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hammered said:

To be honest I am neither asking for investment advice, or looking at it as an investment but a place for us to use. I have decades of renting in Thailand and have my own reasons for wanting to go this way. Anyway, do you have a recommendation for an agency?

Have you thought about posting your requirements and budget in the first instance? Naming a random agent might not fit with the locations in which you are interested. 

• Thanks 1

I suggest the following which i have used to rent my units.

Coastal real estate - Just sold a unit for me and rents others on my behalf.

East coast real estate 

Gecko Properties 

Pattaya point - Thai lady owner very professional.

All of them are online just google.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since condo is for personal use mainly then first step is to figure out what building, location etc is you like the best. You should not use agent for this because if customer is unsure they sell and talk you over based on their inventory.

When you are sure what you want send specs to as many agents you like..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are only a few companies that deal with low-end condo's:  Green Door, Gecko, and a couple others.

I will suggest you find what you want through a large real estate portal like Thailand-Property.com and then try to approach the agent who placed the listing, direct.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

There are only a few companies that deal with low-end condo's:  Green Door, Gecko, and a couple others.

I will suggest you find what you want through a large real estate portal like Thailand-Property.com and then try to approach the agent who placed the listing, direct.

Thanks for the advice

• Thumbs Up 1

There are a number of good, big agencies in town.  Coastal, East Coast, Gecko, Alan Bolton, PBRE, Prestige, FazWaz, Rightmove,  Cornerstone, Pattaya Realty, and others.  I've only had good experiences with the real estate agencies in Pattaya.

I would start with Hipflat.  Thailand does not have an MLS service but a number of agencies will list their properties for sale on Hipflat, as well as their websites.  You can search areas of town, such as Jomtien or central Pattaya, for condo projects in those areas.  You can also search by condo project name to see listings for sale.           The information is sometimes out of date but you can get an idea of what's for sale in a project, some information on the project, and pricing.  If you see a listing you like, you can contact the agency with the listing--and also check the agency's website for perhaps more information on the unit, such as whether it is in foreign quota.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

There are a number of good, big agencies in town.  Coastal, East Coast, Gecko, Alan Bolton, PBRE, Prestige, FazWaz, Rightmove,  Cornerstone, Pattaya Realty, and others.  I've only had good experiences with the real estate agencies in Pattaya.

I would start with Hipflat.  Thailand does not have an MLS service but a number of agencies will list their properties for sale on Hipflat, as well as their websites.  You can search areas of town, such as Jomtien or central Pattaya, for condo projects in those areas.  You can also search by condo project name to see listings for sale.           The information is sometimes out of date but you can get an idea of what's for sale in a project, some information on the project, and pricing.  If you see a listing you like, you can contact the agency with the listing--and also check the agency's website for perhaps more information on the unit, such as whether it is in foreign quota.

Thanks for a nice detailed helpful reply

I would go with one of the bigger agencies such as East Coast, Cornerstone, and Alan Bolton.  Once you are interested in a particular development, I would check on what similar units that you like are being priced at.  I would also think of going more mid-level. You'll be better off if you do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1