Substrate discussion. Best Coco Coir available in Thailand?

Chronicdom

I have been growing with T Rex super soil and using their Nutrients. I’ve had good results but want more control over nutrients.

I want to switch to Coco. It’s pretty much impossible to get big brand names here for pre made bag or bricks with a name brand I trust.

Does anyone have a quality source they use? Also what nutrients have you found to be effective in Coco? Im debating using AN, Canna or GH. 

I’m assuming this is a non-commercial grow.

There are limited sources of washed and buffered coco coir, here in Thailand. @Stoner has had good success vetting different mediums, hopefully he’ll give you some recommendations. 

I’ve done trial runs with the following with good results:

http://www.knaapthailand.com/eng/product.php

I believe we were paying 700 baht/200 liters, delivered. We ultimately decided to go with LECA, clay balls, reusing and sanitizing them between uses.

My advice to you with the Knaap product is: use Knaap ‘profit’, it has 30% aeration/vermiculite.

Pre-charge the coco before transplanting your seedling/clone with 1000 ppm/2.0 EC

GH GROW or cal/mag (if you use it). If you don’t pre-charge the coco, you will always be chasing a calcium deficiency. Seems counterintuitive (high ppms), but the CEC of coco will hold back calcium and magnesium.

GH delivers the results, buy Canna, if you can afford it and run away from AN.

16FE2523-799F-48D8-99B7-240E1C0D9E14.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

PREMIUM COCO on Facebook is the one a lot of the pros use. Thai coco is very salty make sure to buffer and wash it again yourself although this specific brand is processed well. impossible to find Sri Lanka or Indian coco, AFAIK coco imports are banned here. 

I have found good coco in local markets as well but have to hunt and wash hard. (Kham thiang, chiang mai)

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PremiumCOCOCOIR