Anyone bought a cheap electric coffee grinder from Lazada and it's pretty good?

scubascuba3

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you know, doesn't burn out after a couple of weeks and grinds ok? It's only for a Mokapot so pointless getting an expensive one

Screenshot_2023-09-06-08-41-58-677_com.lazada.android.jpg

I had a similar on from them.They last a couple months max. I spent about 600 b and its still working after a year...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, I haven't bought one. 

In the US a cheap no-name blade grinder starts at around US$18.  This $4 one must be a doozy.  Better quality blade grinders (like Krups) cost around $30+.

I don't think I ever burned one out, the problems are usually the plastic cracks, a switch goes sideways, etc and becomes inoperable.  For 120b it's an experiment.

11 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

I spent about 600 b and its still working after a year..

Yep, app. $18.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you know, doesn't burn out after a couple of weeks and grinds ok? It's only for a Mokapot so pointless getting an expensive one

Guessing it will work, as used in the past, and yes, it died.  Having used both, burr grinder is much better.

You really do want a burr grind for consistent (size) grind.  Some say the heat generated by the blade grinder makes a difference also, though can't imagine much of.

from that listing:

image.png.44b76ad2474af81985218bd5d49036a5.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

i got one of those cheap ones
it still works after years
but you cannot use it for long periods, or at least i dont
starts to get a bit hot and stinky
problem is the coffee is not ground fine
unless you wait for it to cool down and do again or take a chance on burning it out
its is not suitable for grinding more than 1-2 cups worth every 20 mins or so imo
if you want for nomal use, i would suggest getting something of better quality designed to run for longer

maybe something like this would be better
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/manowshopz-stainless-steel-multi-purpose-grinder-800-i2596755399.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.157.2876dcbchZFdZY

Edited by patman30
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have one of the cheapos that we have used for several years. I have ground coffee, spices including cinnamon sticks, etc. The top is cracked but still works. I think maybe because we use it mostly in a pulse fashion.

I do not recommend for grinding Birds Eye chili.( cough, cough))

Had grinder from known brand, though cheapest one to be found.

Half year further on problem with switch, fixed it.

When I opened, i couldnt believe what kind of vulnerable stupid switch they made in it.

For  known (at least for me Tomado) it was absurd. There are millions of switches and they choose a hand made vulnerable thingy on a printboard.

Problem returned, so then by passed the switch. Now still working ok after many years. You adapt to new situation and ok.

When i grind, I shake. Thailand is even way more moist, so could give faster problems with sticking and heating up.

Nowadays you dont know what you get, it will be a surprise for you to found out.

Have Sony tv, but after guarantee period, a red line over screen.

Contacted Sony, but gave me a bad deal in service, so I let it be and just ignore tiny red line over screen, dont notice it anymore and live with the red line.

Brand, no brand, it makes no difference.

And for that price, just try. 3300 items sold ! 4.9 rate, checked reviews?

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lady digger got one of those  , she uses that to grind the chillies and stuff . 

One problem with that the juice from the chillies goes onto the shaft and it seizes it .

No problem ,Chang Digger dismantled it and and Lubed it and put a thin washer on top and good as gold  for I don't know how long.

6 hours ago, dddave said:

I bought a grinder on Lazada identical to the one pictured in the OP.  The blade was soft metal and became bent and uselessly dull within a months use.

I then paid a little more for this WORLDTECH model.  That was 4 years ago.  I still use it daily and it has held up very nicely.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/worldtech-xpresso-wt-cg-m150a-150-i1889942110-s5923308480.html?

IMG_20230906_103131.jpg

i know this is outside the parameters of what the OP describes. Like you , I had a Miracle model - lasted an amazing 15 years, replaced it with an Electolux model EMB3035. It's a 3000 watt model & a bit pricey. but it had what I wanted - a 4 blade grinder,

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I bought the one below and works well, seems well made and solid, see how long it lasts. In the instructions it recommends using in 20 second max bursts, i reckon that's the key to make it last

Screenshot_2023-09-10-14-15-48-033_com.lazada.android.jpg

Okelidokie, but now im interested in where do you put in into?

You have a coffee press machine or as in west with filter?

Just once seen a very humble coffee filtering machine with paper filters(just one package) and a machine with a filter, plastic perforated sheet on bottom.

Both didnt give me a good vibe. 

6 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Okelidokie, but now im interested in where do you put in into?

You have a coffee press machine or as in west with filter?

Just once seen a very humble coffee filtering machine with paper filters(just one package) and a machine with a filter, plastic perforated sheet on bottom.

Both didnt give me a good vibe. 

I use a Mokapot, no filter paper needed, does the job well, also on Lazada around 400 baht.

i tried a funnel filter coffee once, awful, threw them in the bin, they were highly recommended on this forum