Another TM30 question

I have a TM30 slip stapled in my passport, after my landlord registered me when we moved to Rayong in 2022.  I've successfully done online 90-day reports.

I travel around Thailand a lot (mainly to Bangkok) and stay at hotels, where presumably they submit my passport details for their TM30 reporting.

I've never made a new TM30 report at home, following a stay in another province.

My question is:  what does Immigration's computer show as my most recent TM30?  Does it show the most recent hotel TM30, or the original TM30 with my home address that was submitted in my home province  and which is stapled in my passport?  

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Why worry? Not your problem.

I'm not worrying as such, but I have a possible address issue coming up when my Extension is due.  I just want to know if the address shown on the computer and the address shown on the paper slip need to be the same.

25 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I just want to know if the address shown on the computer and the address shown on the paper slip need to be the same.

Staying at various hotels does not derail your address on file.

Which of course same as your 90 day reports. 

It depends on your local immigration office.

The last TM 30 address should be the same as the address for your visa.

People here on Samui have had extensions refused because their TM 30 address was not up to date.

Some have been 'invited' to go to the immigration office because the TM 30 was either absent or not current.

Whenever I return from another province, I always update my TM 30. It is a small effort and it saves hassles.

That way, everything matches. TM 30, TM 90, Visa, work permit etc.

In the event that a foreign national travels and stays in another place on an occasional basis, and then returns to stay at the same premises within the period of stay specified in the T.M.30, then a new T.M.30 will need not be submitted each time they arrive. The new rules are applicable to all foreign nationals who stay in Thailand on any type of visa, including holders of multiple-entry visas and re-entry permits which enable the holders to leave and return to Thailand within their visa validity period.

This is from an attorneys website and is the rule instituted in 2020.

You should be fine traveling within country no problem.

Edited by bkk6060

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

what does Immigration's computer show as my most recent TM30?  Does it show the most recent hotel TM30, or the original TM30 with my home address that was submitted in my home province  and which is stapled in my passport?  

The database of Immigration contains the full history of all TM-30s that were issued, and so your local Imm Office can see at what places you stayed when those places did notify their local Imm Office (as Thai law requires them) that a foreigner was staying at their premises. 

But that history of stays at hotels/guesthouses/friends places should not affect your 'official address for immigration purposes' which was submitted to your local Imm Office, and hence there is no reason to re-submit at TM-30 after returning from your domestic (or international) trip. 

Note: As TiT there are of course some rogue Imm Offices that do require that you re-submit a TM-30 after you return to your home, but the large majority of Imm Offices stick to the official regulations and don't want you to re-submit a TM-30 as long as you don't relocate to a different address and stay on an unbroken chain of Permissions to Stay from your Non Imm O Visa.  

• Like 2

Every TM30 filing, either by your residence's owner or any hotel owner during the short stays, has to report the check in and check out dates. Your permanent address can be sorted out in the TM30 filing database according to the check out date . Your TM3O slip can be used as a back up evidence.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If I check into a hotel, a TM30 is filed by the hotel, presumably overnight?

Can I request a copy/screenshot of the TM30 report on checking out the next day, in order to show Immigration later that day?

Recommended approach: (i) verify before you check in that a TM30 notification will be done, and ask them to make sure they will have a copy for you in the morning; (ii) deal with your business at Immigration first thing in the morning; and (iii) check out.

Although it will not usually matter, it is better if you are still officially staying in the hotel at the time you apply for the ?extension?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Recommended approach: (i) verify before you check in that a TM30 notification will be done, and ask them to make sure they will have a copy for you in the morning; (ii) deal with your business at Immigration first thing in the morning; and (iii) check out.

Although it will not usually matter, it is better if you are still officially staying in the hotel at the time you apply for the ?extension?

Thanks.  Good advice.