McConnell pledges to remain Senate GOP leader

Social Media

image.png

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) vowed Wednesday to keep his job as Senate Republican leader at least through 2024 and to finish his seventh Senate term, which runs through 2026, despite recent health problems. 

“I have no announcements to make on that subject,” McConnell, who is 81, told reporters when asked about calls from fellow conservatives to step down as Senate Republican leader.  

“I’m going to finish my term as leader and I’m going to finish my Senate term,” McConnell declared.  

He made his statement after the National Review, a high-profile conservative magazine, called on McConnell in an editorial last week to “step aside.” 

“McConnell has noticeably aged since his bad fall in March, when he sustained a concussion and a broken rib, and he should want, for his own sake and that of his colleagues, to go out on his own terms,” the magazine’s editors wrote Aug. 31.  

Longtime political commentator Bill O’Reilly, a former Fox News anchor, also said Aug. 31 that “McConnell should resign tomorrow.” 

McConnell pointed to a letter from the Capitol’s attending physician, Dr. Brian Monahan, when asked by reporters Wednesday to discuss two recent incidents when he froze while speaking to television cameras.  

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

8 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

This guy has less remaining marbles than Biden.

Hard and fast 75 year age limit for all elected and appointed offices needs to be the next amendment to the constitution.

These bloody boomers refuse to let go of the steering wheel.

I think 75 is too old to be leader of anything for the next 4 years............????

Plus, Trump has obviously lost the plot.......:crazy:

• Haha 1

I donno I’d never underestimate Mitch McConnell he has been a formidable force in republican politics heck look at Joe Biden every one attacks him because of his age and yet he has accomplished a great.underestimat at your peril in my humble opinion 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Bill Maher scolded an MSNBC host who called Trump supporters at odds with "reality," retorting, "There's a lot of crazy on the left," too.

There’s a lot of crazy on the fringe of the left.

The right is crazy, full stop.

Bill Maher has turned into a grumpy old man - he’s now the conservative old fuddy duddy he riled against in his youth. Nothing funnier than grandpa Bill defending Biden’s age.

20 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

There’s a lot of crazy on the fringe of the left.

The right is crazy, full stop.

Bill Maher has turned into a grumpy old man - he’s now the conservative old fuddy duddy he riled against in his youth. Nothing funnier than grandpa Bill defending Biden’s age.

Those who argue that President Joe Biden is too old to run for re-election are wrong. He’s not too old – he’s too Joe Biden. 

His age isn’t the problem. His competence is.

On 9/7/2023 at 6:45 PM, transam said:

I think 75 is too old to be leader of anything for the next 4 years............????

Ol' Mitch, he's 107 years old, isn't he??? Joe 97, and Donzo, well, who cares about that one term clown!

Edited by 2baht

McConnell pointed to a letter from the Capitol’s attending physician, Dr. Brian Monahan, when asked by reporters Wednesday to discuss two recent incidents when he froze while speaking to television cameras.  

Monahan, citing brain MRI imaging, EEG study and consultation with several neurologists, said McConnell shows “no evidence” of suffering from a seizure disorder, stroke or Parkinson’s disease. 

This is from the OP. McConnell's doctor found nothing wrong. Just like biden is in excellent form.

26 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

He reckons he will stay for another 3 years?

Nancy Pelosi is planning to stand again.

Joe Biden wants another 4 years.

Talk about hanging on for grim death!

And then, on the other side of the chasm, we have the orange insanity which is Trump!

Home of the Brave

Land of the Free!  :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
On 9/8/2023 at 7:11 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Bill Maher scolded an MSNBC host who called Trump supporters at odds with "reality," retorting, "There's a lot of crazy on the left," too.

But there's a lot lot less of it among where it counts: actual elected officials. Keep in mind that almost 3/4 of Republican House members voted not to approve of the 2020 election results. 

• Haha 1