Know Good Neurologist? (possible Migraines)

peterdw

Hi,

Has anyone been to a good neurologist in Bangkok? I have to get a brain MRI done, and possible treatment for suspected migraines.

I know there was previous posting on this, but it was a long time back.

Thank you, Peter

I'm sure Sheryl is the one to help you here.

However, in the meantime - assuming you can afford it - why don't you look at the neurologists listed by Bumrungrad on their website? I'm sure you'll find some good ones.

Good luck

Out of Interest.....

Why is your 'first port of call' a neurologist?

I saw a neurologist in U.S. who suspected migraines but said I should get MRI done to make sure it is not something else. Because my time in U.S. was running out and because of the difference in cost for MRIs, he suggested I consult neurologist when I returned to Bangkok and have it done there. Thanks.

Out of Interest.....

Why is your 'first port of call' a neurologist?

I saw a neurologist in U.S. who suspected migraines but said I should get MRI done to make sure it is not something else. Because my time in U.S. was running out and because of the difference in cost for MRIs, he suggested I consult neurologist when I returned to Bangkok and have it done there. Thanks.

Several queries spring to mind......from a interested Complementary Therapist:

1. 'Suspected Migraines' (?).......The term migraines can included alot of signs and symptoms but normally involve an extreme type headache either being sharp pain or constant ache, along with vision problems, maybe balance difficulties and digestive involvement. This can last over night to several days and may involve bed rest. I'm not sure how it can be 'suspected'. And anyway, the signs and syptoms are much more important than the name given by the medical establishment, as is lifestyle, physical injuries, diet habits, etc etc. Individualisation of the problem is important.

2. Seeing a neurologist seems slight overkill, unless there is more to the story........and if there is, and I'm butting in I apologise and will run away quickly with tail between legs.

However, the reason I push (slightly!!!) with this is that the neurologist will be able to do two things......operate.......or give you drugs........and both tend to be plasters over a crack as opposed to dealing with the crack........in otherwords the crack will come back but maybe as other symptoms.

Anyhow, as I said, if I'm taking this somewhere it you don't want to go.....then sorry......it's your body.

OutOfThisWorld

Hi,

Has anyone been to a good neurologist in Bangkok? I have to get a brain MRI done, and possible treatment for suspected migraines.

I know there was previous posting on this, but it was a long time back.

Thank you, Peter

My best pal here in Singapore is an American neuro-radiologist at SGH - according to Dr's I work with that place is the gold standard around here for that type of procedure.

Flights are cheap

Edit - SGH is singapore General Hospital

Edited by Prakanong