Error 777

bonsaimax

I was connected thru a dial-up modem when it got cut off. I have tried to reconnect since but error 777 pops up. I have tried different phonelines both at home and at work, but the same thing happens. Does my modem need to be replaced. I'm using a two-month old notebook. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the modem driver to no avail.

Thanks

Try this ...

START => Connect To => Show All Connections

Right click your modem/channel

Click Status or Repair

You will get more information.

Then maybe a trip to Pantip

Good Luck

Yesterday my mouse stopped moving.

Turned out to be a loose cable on my USB Hub.

It is usually something simple if the machine has not

been moved recently.

I was connected thru a dial-up modem when it got cut off. I have tried to reconnect since but error 777 pops up. I have tried different phonelines both at home and at work, but the same thing happens. Does my modem need to be replaced. I'm using a two-month old notebook. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the modem driver to no avail.

Thanks

DUNS ERROR 777

777 - The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order.

This error can also occur if you have installed your modem with an incorrect driver. Identify your modem chipset, PCI ID, manufacturer, and make sure you are using the correct driver.

took the notebook to the dealer today and the technician was able to connect albeit at 12 kbps. he told me to try a different ISP ( I use e-go or TRUE) and that my notebook had no problem. I told him that my desktop is working perfectly fine using e-go & TRUE, but he insists that my notebook's modem is OK since he was able to connect? You think his opinion is correct???

I'll be grateful to get more insight on this. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
took the notebook to the dealer today and the technician was able to connect albeit at 12 kbps. he told me to try a different ISP ( I use e-go or TRUE) and that my notebook had no problem. I told him that my desktop is working perfectly fine using e-go & TRUE, but he insists that my notebook's modem is OK since he was able to connect? You think his opinion is correct???

I'll be grateful to get more insight on this. Thanks.

Alot of the budget type Asian notebooks have poor modem chipset quality and/or accompanying driver, I have noticed alot of them only being able to establish a dial-up connection speed of 12kbps and as the warranty only covers speeds dropping below 8kbps, unfortunately you're stuck with it...either purchase a 56k external modem for the USB or serial port of your notebook, or upgrade the notebook to a Toshiba, IBM, or Fujitsu brand...all the other brands are just plain junk...but the dealer/technician was right, there is technically nothing wrong with the notebook, it just that they use junk hardware to keep build cost down...and 12kbps is all you'll ever get with it...