Melatonin no longer available in TH?

HauptmannUK

My wife and I travel frequently between homes in UK and Thailand.  We've previously used Puritan's Pride 3mg Melatonin tablets to help with time zone adjustment. I've just been looking to buy more on Lazada or Shoppee and no melatonin products are coming up in search. Is melatonin now outlawed in Thailand?

33 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have never melatonin in at Boots or Watson.  I usually get some when I back int the USA or order it from IHerb. 

I can confirm 100% that Boots have it. So even if a particular outlet don't have any at hand, they can most likely order it. And I also got some from LAB pharmacy.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I've just been looking to buy more on Lazada or Shoppee and no melatonin products are coming up in search. Is melatonin now outlawed in Thailand?

How interesting.  Purchased some about three weeks ago from Lazada.  Now.  <poof> Gone.

iHerb.com is your friend.  Their shipments take about a week.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've used it (not every night) for several years with good result.

Last week I ordered a bottle of 80 tabs on LINE Shopping, all paid etc., a few hrs later got a message 'out of stock, no more stock coming', payment fully refunded a few hrs later. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

I've used it (not every night) for several years with good result.

Last week I ordered a bottle of 80 tabs on LINE Shopping, all paid etc., a few hrs later got a message 'out of stock, no more stock coming', payment fully refunded a few hrs later. 

That's for the "heads up" as I guess I'll get my iHerb orders in while I still have some on hand.
I wonder why there would be a supply issue here in SE Asia?

I've previously got mine from Piping Rock, shipped from the US, 2 bottles at a time.

A few weeks back I tried to repeat the 2 bottles order. The site wouldn't accept my order. Then I got a separate message saying that the government of Thailand has placed Meatonin on a restricted supply list and can now only order 1 bottle at a time.

I tried several times to order 1 bottle but the site rejected it. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, anyone said:

I always thought that people in northern countries need Melatonin because they don't get enough sun. But why is Melatonin needed in Thailand?

MelaTOnin, not Melanin (what you refer too).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BerndD said:

Natural Melatonin. The name is a lie. There is NO Melatonin in it, only some herbs.

Actual melatonin (US brands) is also sometimes available on Lazada. 

Three weeks back I was in central Silom and on a whim decided to try a small Pharmacy  for something I wanted for control/maint. of a glaucoma condition. Very pleasant Pharmacist did not stock  but a quick call to a supplier resulted in confirming availability if willing to wait  15 minutes. Agreeing to wait left me perusing  counter stocks of many varied items which I clearly  recall included a prolific selection of Melatonin products. I specifically noted because there was a time when my wife had difficulty sleeping well and I did purchase a Melatonin product  via Lazada. They were effective  and established a lasting sleep pattern that quite quickly negated the need to continue using.

So I would suggest that for those who are convinced of the efficacy of Melatonin that perhaps a trek chek of the prolific Hole in the Wall Pharmacies that are common in high density urban centers might find  desired OTC items still in stock whereas the Bogus franchise sellers of acne treatment and pricey ineffective cosmetics ( Soory, the Pharmacist is not here right Now ( or ever) have no genuine interest and the online sites that may indeed offer convenience also have no problem with "out of stock" search results.

Exercising initiative can be rewarding .