Camera Repairs In Pattaya

matador

Hi :o

My Kodak digital camera (entry level) has packed up. Using it yesterday it suddenly got very hot and then stopped working. I've only had it for six months! Is there anywhere in Pattaya that can take a look at it or am I better off buying a new one?

Thanks.

Big camera in festival center will look at it (basically just that!) and send it off if for repair it was bought in Thai. But I am guessing it would take a while to get fixed and don't know how much it would cost.

I have an old camera that needs fixing, but it works out cheaper to buy a new one...

But if it is only 6 months old then is it not covered by kodak? They might have a returns depot somewhere...

Big camera in festival center will look at it (basically just that!) and send it off if for repair it was bought in Thai. But I am guessing it would take a while to get fixed and don't know how much it would cost.

I have an old camera that needs fixing, but it works out cheaper to buy a new one...

But if it is only 6 months old then is it not covered by kodak? They might have a returns depot somewhere...

Thank you for your reply, appreciated :o

The camera is just over a year old but I've had it for only six months therefore the Kodak guarantee has expired. I took it to Big Camera and they did look at it but they couldn't diagnose the problem. Apparently they can send it to Kodak in Bangkok for a fee of B250.00. Once received Kodak will assess the problem and fax back within a month with a 'take it or leave it' quote for repairs. The salesman at Big Camera said the same as you, probably cheaper, quicker and better to buy a new camera.

It seems that after very little use the camera is probably useless which is frustrating and annoying to say the least!