Travel insurance advice needed. Is there a plan that...

RickG16

I'm sure in the past there is a plan I have bought that I can cancel after a couple of weeks (for a reasonable cost).

Does anyone know a provider that will allow me to buy say a three month plan and then cancel after a certain amount of time?

I need the plan for a visa requirement (minimum 3 months). And would prefer not to pay the full term. 

Cheers 

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's not for a Thai visa. For another country... but don't want to take this thread off piste by discussing the visa...

So if it's not for a Thai visa then why post it in the Thai Visa sub-forum? 

I was going to respond thinking you needed it for the 90 day non-imm O as that's the only 3 month Thai visa needing approved health insurance but you're basically just asking about travel insurance, a totally different beast

Edited by Pattaya57

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So if it's not for a Thai visa then why post it in the Thai Visa sub-forum? 

I was going to respond thinking you needed it for the 90 day non-imm O as that's the only 3 month Thai visa needing approved health insurance but you're basically just asking about travel insurance, a totally different beast

Fair enough comment. I posted it in the wrong sub forum and now hope that the mods will move it.

Hope I haven't harmed anyone / spoiled anyone's day.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Fair enough comment. I posted it in the wrong sub forum and now hope that the mods will move it.

Hope I haven't harmed anyone / spoiled anyone's day.

It's more about each country would have different rules. For example the 3 month health insurance for Thai Visa must be from one of the approved companies, needs a nominated certificate and info is entered into a data base that immigration can access. So I assume if you cancel a Thai approved insurance immigration could know about it (if they ever checked)

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

It's more about each country would have different rules. For example the 3 month health insurance for Thai Visa must be from one of the approved companies, needs a nominated certificate and info is entered into a data base that immigration can access. So I assume if you cancel a Thai approved insurance immigration could know about it (if they ever checked)

I get it. In this country they won't check.

35 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Think to simplify this.... can I cancel a travel insurance policy once the plan has started (i.e. after the term of coverage has begun)

you can boy for x days, you can sign up for a year, and pay by month by month, and cancel anytime you want. 

Safety wing is one of the better, and then you have true traveller another one, 

23 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm sure in the past there is a plan I have bought that I can cancel after a couple of weeks (for a reasonable cost).

Does anyone know a provider that will allow me to buy say a three month plan and then cancel after a certain amount of time?

I need the plan for a visa requirement (minimum 3 months). And would prefer not to pay the full term. 

Cheers 

Not a very good idea to stay in Thailand as tourists without an insurance, which after all is fairly affordable. Go Fund Me can be a lot more difficult and might not always work, if something unforeseen happens...:whistling:

On 9/15/2023 at 3:57 PM, khunPer said:

Not a very good idea to stay in Thailand as tourists without an insurance, which after all is fairly affordable. Go Fund Me can be a lot more difficult and might not always work, if something unforeseen happens...:whistling:

I'm not in Thailand

How is Samui these days? Fully rebounded from the pandemic?

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not in Thailand

How is Samui these days? Fully rebounded from the pandemic?

Both yes and no.

According to the Surat Thani administration the number of tourists is higher this year than 2019 – Surat Thani tourism is mainly Samui and Phangan – but the tourism might be slightly different from 2019.

The lower and modest priced resorts seems to be far from heavy booked – apart from those smaller ones mainly living of regulars – whilst the many star resorts seems very crowded.

The traffic jams are mainly back in level, but little less, as the roads got improved by new black tarmac  Friday afternoon/evening with the Fisherman Village "Walking Street" you can pass the 5 kilometers stretch from Maenam to Bo Phut in only around 20 minutes now; which is an improvement...:whistling:

Chaweng Beach's main road is finally coming back alive, but the nightlife is still not as crowded it was before – even that almost everything is reopened; some of the larger clubs have only partly reopened, to have a crowded front area and closed in the back – so "fully rebound" might depend of what you are aiming for on Samui.

• Like 1