Tabien baan : Yellow or blue Thai house book for a condo foreign owner ?

When I bought my condominium I didn't get any book.

Then I thought it might be a good idea to get a Tabien Baan. The company which also does my visa did this for me. Now I have a blue Tabien Baan - empty.

I thought I can get my name inside. They explained to me I will only get my name inside if I have Thai residency. That will take a few years more...

I have the (empty) blue book for my condo since purchase in 2009. All it has is the address info. It would be useful/required if you sell your condo or if you want to get a yellow book/pink ID card. If you have Thai partner who wants to make your home their main residence then they could be added to the blue book. Blue book and chanote was needed when I first got my retirement visa (CW in 2019). Yellow book/pink ID can be useful for registering vehicle and getting Thai driving licences but is not essential as there are other ways.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

only Thai citizens and foreigners with permanent residency can be registered in a blue house book

Thai citizens and permanent residents MUST be registered in a blue book. Non Thai\non residents have the option to be registered in a yellow book that is issued based on the blue book of the unit.

13 minutes ago, khunPer said:

There is a blue house book for all homes. However, only Thai citizens and foreigners with permanent residency can be registered in a blue house book.

A registration in a house book is just an official registration of address; i.e. where you live.

Foreigners can however be registered in a yellow house book for aliens. Obtaining registration in a yellow house book can be difficult in some provinces and easy in others. When registered the foreigner can also apply for a pink ID-card for aliens. Yellow house book registration and pink ID-card can normally be used most places as proof of address, which can save many a trip to an immigration office – and eventual fee – for a letter with proof of address; at some places you might even be eligible to entry on the Thai citizen fee instead of tourist fee...:thumbsup:

Thank you. What is the process and documents needed to get the yellow book ?

On 9/15/2023 at 6:51 AM, zenplay said:

Thank you. So you show them your blue book, which was empty, right ?

Yes as I own the condo (and therefore have no lease agreement) the empty blue book and chanote was accepted by immigration at CW for getting the retirement visa.

Some people correctly answer that a « ta bian baan » is just a proof of address according to the civil registration act of 2534. Only Thai citizens and foreigners with permanent residency can be in a blue book, also called Thor Ror 14 for the blue book or Thor Ror 13 for the yellow one.

Thai people can be registered in these books for different purposes, like where to vote for an election, to apply for a government job, and more. 

It can be useful for foreigners as a proof of address, to buy a car or motorcycle, to get a driving licenses or other purposes. But foreigners can also get a document called « certificate of residence » from immigration which has similar purposes.

Unfortunately, it is true that an amphur can have different rules than another one but there is a national regulation on it.

Attached is an old document made by the amphur in Nakhon Ratchasima to get a yellow ta bian baan. That is why asking your amphur or Tessaban is important. You normally need to translate and legalize your passport, bring 2 witnesses, explain why you want a yellow ta bian baan, give pictures, etc. 

Yellow book Ta Bian ban Thailand Korat.pdf

On 9/14/2023 at 5:36 PM, soi3eddie said:

I have the (empty) blue book for my condo since purchase in 2009. All it has is the address info. It would be useful/required if you sell your condo or if you want to get a yellow book/pink ID card. If you have Thai partner who wants to make your home their main residence then they could be added to the blue book. Blue book and chanote was needed when I first got my retirement visa (CW in 2019). Yellow book/pink ID can be useful for registering vehicle and getting Thai driving licences but is not essential as there are other ways.

I have wanted my long term resident tgf to be registered in my condo blue book but Pattaya City Hall have said they can not do unless her existing house master signs off the transfer. Which he is always too "busy" to do.