Kaeng Krachan Golf Course Update

patekatek

In case someone might be interested, I drove to the Kaeng Krachan golf course because I was told by a guy that someone, or company, was breathing some fresh air into the course after it has been dormant for the past few years.  He wasn't lying.  Not only was a ton of work being done on the golf course, they appear to be building a bunch of hotel or condo rooms facing the 18th fairway.  I didn't talk to anyone at the course so all I can report is what I stated above.  Regarding the structure photo, to the left of the structure there is another unit under construction as well.

Hole 1 tee.jpg

Hole 9 green.jpg

Hole 18 green.jpg

Rooms Being Built.jpg

• 4 months later...

Played last week there. Since February open to public. Was told, you can play after 11am, because before it is for Koreans only and at 11 they go for lunch. !8 holes open. Course conditions ok, greens slow. Caddies are mostly form Myanmar. Don't speek English. Greenfee, cart and one caddy/cart around 1300Baht.

• 3 weeks later...

Some entity is pouring a ton of money into renewing this course and is adding an additional 9 holes.  I saw some of the expansion fairways the other day when I played a round.  The hotel rooms seem to be complete and my caddie said they are filled with S. Korean guests.  I teed off at 11:00 and was done by 14:00.  I played solo so that helps with the time issue.  The greens and fairways were in pretty nice shape when I played.  Especially considering the drought we have up here in Kaeng Krachan.  Just to add to pi747's post, there is an additional 100 baht fee for weekends and holidays plus my 3 caddies that I have used can speek nitnoi english.  AND, there is a driving range and practice greens for your practice pleasure as well.

I wish they would offer some type of membership.  Maybe some day.