Renew Retirement Extension today Tue 19 Sept Korat.

norfolkandchance

Arrived at 1000 after bank visit. No student helpers but not busy. Paper work handed into booth 3. Lady took about 15 mins going though it all. Needed more photo copies. There was a new form included which had to be filled out listing how much was deposited in your Thai bank for the last 12 months from abroad. The source of the payments from your pensions are added at the top of the form and the total amount and average at the bottom.

When this was all completed we where asked to sit down and for the next 45 mins she went all though the figures again. Finally got a ticket No at 1130. Left small tip.
In front of the IO at 1140. My thoughts where, we're here for lunch but no the IO worked till 1215 and gave me the stamp. She did happen to mention that she was late for lunch so hand into pocket again.

Overall not a bad experience. Golden rule. Stay Calm.

Enclosed copy of new form. Cheers.

IMG_1679.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

There was a new form included which had to be filled out listing how much was deposited in your Thai bank for the last 12 months from abroad. The source of the payments from your pensions are added at the top of the form and the total amount and average at the bottom.

This all sounds a bit overkill. I present one year's worth of bank statements with the income entries highlighted plus the Wise conformation docs for each entry. This is deemed to be quite acceptable at Sakon Nakhon.

Oh and no 'cough cough, hint hint' either. She even gave me the change from my 2,000 baht note.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

This all sounds a bit overkill. I present one year's worth of bank statements with the income entries highlighted plus the Wise conformation docs for each entry. This is deemed to be quite acceptable at Sakon Nakhon.

Yes. I did all that as well this morning. As I said, it was a new form from last year. This is Korat. TIT.

• Like 1

There was no reference number on the form and no signature block. My friend pointed out to me that it asked for

' source of income, pension '.  The checking lady was only interested in the pension income. What if you had other income ie. Income from property rental.

As a Brit I think the UK and Thailand has a reciprocal agreement on tax matters.

I expect this matter will have a wider audience on the forum if things develop.

Edited by norfolkandchance
I'm
  • Like 1