ITVX within Thailand and VPN

Chivas

Any of you guys accessing the site within Thailand via using Surfshark VPN   ??

I know technically I could turn it on whilst still in the UK and if it runs (it does) then it "should" run within Thailand

Experience with other VPN's within Thailand down the years have been hit and miss and cant be relied upon

Edited by Chivas

12 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Any of you guys accessing the site within Thailand via using Surfshark VPN   ??

I know technically I could turn it on whilst still in the UK and if it runs (it does) then it "should" run within Thailand

Experience with other VPN's within Thailand down the years have been hit and miss and cant be relied upon

Yip, I used Surfshark for the passed 5 years.

Set my location to Edinburgh, watch BBC, ITV, etc no problems 

• Like 1

I use Nord and a Chromecast to watch geo-restricted UK content (All4, Eurosport, ITVX) when in Thailand and then switch to a Bangkok server when I'm back home to watch Formula 1 on my very cheap BEIN subscription. The latter suffers some buffering (them or me?) but otherwise no problems.

• Like 1

Not quite Chivas. I've tried Surfshark, Express and another VPN whose name escapes me, but some years ago someone on here recommended Browsec so I tried it and imo their premium service is at least as good as anything out there and they are probably the cheapest on the market. Their customer service is also second to none.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Agreed. On my most recent visit to Thailand I was trying to access ITVX via Firestick with ExpressVPN. No success. Didn't have a problem accessing BBCiplayer, My4, My5, or UKTVPlay with the same set up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keeps said:

Agreed. On my most recent visit to Thailand I was trying to access ITVX via Firestick with ExpressVPN. No success. Didn't have a problem accessing BBCiplayer, My4, My5, or UKTVPlay with the same set up.

i found ExpressVPN customer services to be quite helpful when having problems. 

Sometimes a VPN's servers get flagged by the tv companies. Express have four just in London if I recall correctly. that's without all their other ones covering the rest of the UK.

I found that trying their other servers usually resulted in success. A bit trial and miss, but I almost always managed to find a connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all responses

it was interesting that everyone kept to the exact subject and didnt wander off on to different services to view ITV

I used to use TVMucho but if a VPN works (and I already had Surfshark) than clearly no point subscribing

Out of interest an enormous back catalogue of programmes on that ITVX very impressive

8 hours ago, phetphet said:

i found ExpressVPN customer services to be quite helpful when having problems. 

Sometimes a VPN's servers get flagged by the tv companies. Express have four just in London if I recall correctly. that's without all their other ones covering the rest of the UK.

I found that trying their other servers usually resulted in success. A bit trial and miss, but I almost always managed to find a connection.

Great advice. Thanks.

I just leave the VPN connected to their East London server and hadn't considered changing server. I will give this a try when I return in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again. 

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Out of interest an enormous back catalogue of programmes on that ITVX very impressive

Agreed, great range of programmes and box sets.

The only downside is the amount of adverts shown. They do however offer a subscription service (ITVX Premium). Think it is £5.99 per month or a one off yearly charge of £59.99. This streams ad free and I believe also includes access to Britbox which also has an excellent back catalogue.

• Like 1