Krungsri Exclusive - Any experiences?

Given the possibility of tax on money coming into Thailand, I'm contemplating moving a significant lump sum here before the end of the year.  I was therefore wondering whether anyone had any experience to report of Krungsri Exclusive, and particularly whether they give you a credit card without having a locked-in deposit.

41 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Given the possibility of tax on money coming into Thailand, I'm contemplating moving a significant lump sum here before the end of the year.  I was therefore wondering whether anyone had any experience to report of Krungsri Exclusive, and particularly whether they give you a credit card without having a locked-in deposit.

I got the Krungsri Exclusive Visa card earlier this year. In my opinion there's not much benefit in being a Krungsri Exclusive client unless they approve you the visa card, as quite a few of the benefits come with the card.

Fortunately, I already had a current Krungsri Platinum Visa card (unsecured) from years ago when I had a work permit. So I had to apply for swapping the card to the Krungsri Exclusive Visa card (unsecured) which took a couple of weeks. I was not required to show updated income documents which was a relief, but I did need to consent to an updated credit bureau report. Without the existing track-record I believe that applying for their visa card on an unsecured basis would be difficult.

My accounts are domiciled at their Emquartier branch, which is foreigner friendly. The staff there took care of the visa card swap application, and occasionally they contact me of there's a new fixed deposit offering. They have plenty of info on investing in mutual funds although that's mostly in Thai language. 

• Like 1

I have had the Exclusive for a few years now.  Like "Mark5335" I had an existing account and platinum visa credit card (was HSBC originally) which they converted to exclusive visa.  I also got a new atm / debit card with the membership, but never use it.  The benefits I have utilized are the Exclusive lane at the bank, yearly birthday gift voucher (Swensons Ice cream cake), the Krungsri bank lounge a couple times and the Dragon Pass which gets you into some airport business class lounges, mostly in Asia.  I've never used the special parking permit as nowhere near me is on the list nor have I used the health club membership.

• Thumbs Up 1