Time for a new Pc any good deals?

Shaunkuntep

So need an upgrade on my trusty old pc that is still working ok after its 3rd power unit /upgraded ram/Gpu and cpu

My old pc is about 10 years old and started as a win xp now win 10 

Looking at getting this

22k which seems ok but i am sure there is  better options 

Anyone bought a pc recently or any recommendations 

Not wanting a all in one or a mini pc 

image.png.a13b3aafd90245c76cda5862a18eb8e0.png

Edited by Shaunkuntep

18 minutes ago, Shaunkuntep said:

Also like to wind up a few grumpy gits on asean now every so often.

With having only 22 posts it appears you haven't wound up too many....

I recently bought a mini and can't be more satisfied. I used desktop(s) for years but since I no longer use any heavy graphic apps or download torrents I decided to go with a mini.

4 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

With having only 22 posts it appears you haven't wound up too many....

I recently bought a mini and can't be more satisfied. I used desktop(s) for years but since I no longer use any heavy graphic apps or download torrents I decided to go with a mini.

Haha my old account cannot log in since i updated my email and buggered if i can remember the password

Yes i do download lots of torrents and use a few heavy graphic apps so prefer a desktop

18 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

8GB RAM?

You'll be mainly using Windows XP again presumably. 

Haha my dinosaur has 16gb RAM but it's very easy an cheqp to add more

I expect there are better ones on Lazada but not sure I would trust them.

Edited by kwak250

Not 100% sure  the problem  see = Windows 11 Home per installed believe is a Single language  only = Thai only

Thailand Windows 11 Home is Single language means you won't be able to change the display language and you could only add new keyboard or language to type but not change the display language of the Windows. You have to upgrade to Windows 11 Multilanguage or Windows 11 Pro.

10 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Haha my dinosaur has 16gb RAM but it's very easy an cheqp to add more

I expect there are better ones on Lazada but not sure I would trust them.

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-amd/set-amd/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-amd-a123-ryzen-7-5700g-no-vga

Looks OK . Good price just need Windows added.........  No idea why they say No VGA as the 5700G has Vega 8 graphics Integrated on the CPU

Never had anything other than AMD going back to the 70's even when I used a laptop it was AMD

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dddave said:

Have you considered building your own?  I am far from a techie but I did and it was both instructive and a lot of fun. 

REDDIT has a forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/  that is fantastically helpful from start to finish.  I ended-up with a tower that cost me less than 15,000 baht all in, but that was the equivalent of pre-mades costing twice as much.  Got most of my components via Lazada and INVADEIT.COM

Yes i did look into this as apart from the mainboard on my old computer that is the only original part on it and i enjoyed seeing which parts made it a quicker pc.

I did look at the components on the Advice computer for 22k and there was not much difference if i bought these myself and put them together so thought a package deal would be better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignis said:

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-amd/set-amd/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-amd-a123-ryzen-7-5700g-no-vga

Looks OK . Good price just need Windows added.........  No idea why they say No VGA as the 5700G has Vega 8 graphics Integrated on the CPU

Never had anything other than AMD going back to the 70's even when I used a laptop it was AMD

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Hi many thanks now this is something worth looking at and a great price,

I have always had Intel but only because they have always been good and never broke down  a bit like buying a Toyota .

Might get that now and saves the problem mentioned with win 11 .
Really only want win 10 as used to that and can always upgrade later

14 hours ago, Shaunkuntep said:

Mainly going to be for general use .

Not for gaming but like to use photoshop .

14 hours ago, Shaunkuntep said:

Not wanting a all in one or a mini pc 

Cannot you do that with a mini PC? I bought one for under 6000THB, 16GB RAM, SSD with legit Win11 Pro and it works great.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shaunkuntep said:

Yes i did look into this as apart from the mainboard on my old computer that is the only original part on it and i enjoyed seeing which parts made it a quicker pc.

I did look at the components on the Advice computer for 22k and there was not much difference if i bought these myself and put them together so thought a package deal would be better

Thee days there are always deals around...

Building yourself is much cheaper if you DO NOT want everything new..   when I built my present PC, I only wanted a new Motherboard + CPU + Ram, that was over 11 years ago, since then I bought a New case, SSD drive, new PSU. most resent a new Graphics card..  

5 minutes ago, ignis said:

Building yourself is much cheaper if you DO NOT want everything new..   when I built my present PC, I only wanted a new Motherboard + CPU + Ram, that was over 11 years ago, since then I bought a New case, SSD drive, new PSU. most resent a new Graphics card..  

Yes i have done similar over the last 10 years.
My pc only has the original MB the rest has been changed quite a lot but the biggest difference by far was changing to SSD which was a huge improvement .
Going to give my PC to my nephews as it still works great but would like to update the MB which means that everything else would not be compatible .
Be interesting to see if a new pc is much quicker as my one is quick but it is not able to upgrade to win11 

You can buy an ex Japan office lease laptop here with 32GB DDR4 Ram capacity, wifi, BT, Cam and USB 3.0 ports for 3.3K THB delivered.

You can also buy a MB and i5 cpu for circa 1K5, case circa 500thb, PSU 500thb, SSD circa 600thb.  Tin shed PC repair shop will load your OS and all software including PS for 300baht.

Build the machine yourself and save yourself 16K.

56 minutes ago, Shaunkuntep said:

Be interesting to see if a new pc is much quicker as my one is quick but it is not able to upgrade to win11

Very good You Tube video on how to upgrade to Windows 11. I have upgraded 3 old computers to Windows 11 using the Rufus method, new installation. I couldn't get the registry method to work.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

You can buy an ex Japan office lease laptop here with 32GB DDR4 Ram capacity, wifi, BT, Cam and USB 3.0 ports for 3.3K THB delivered.

You can also buy a MB and i5 cpu for circa 1K5, case circa 500thb, PSU 500thb, SSD circa 600thb.  Tin shed PC repair shop will load your OS and all software including PS for 300baht.

Build the machine yourself and save yourself 16K.

Where can i get a laptop with this spec for 3.3k as that is something i would be interested in .

Yes i should build my own and can load win10 and Ps easily enough for free

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Yes i know what you mean just can't be ar5ed at the moment ,Would like to just plug it in and it works 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I would like one of these at that price but unable to find such a mythical deal ?

Google says no.

11 hours ago, ignis said:

When I was building my PC, one thing that was consistently stressed on the help forums was not to skimp on the power supply, to buy more than you think you need and try to buy "Gold".  I notice this package has a "bronze" 650 PS.  That would be something I'd upgrade.   Gigabyte has been getting a huge amount of heat on forums lately.  Seems they put out a bunch of substandard GPUs that cracked and self-destructed, then tried to pin all the blame on users, refusing to cover the warranty.