work permit cancellation issue

so Ieft Thailand during covid in April 2021 and was unable to return due to covid and didn't cancel work permit as was planning to come back straight away, now I am having issues with new job as cannot get new work permit due to old one not being cancelled by employer. Anyone have experience of this and how to solve?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tingnongnoi said:

so Ieft Thailand during covid in April 2021 and was unable to return due to covid and didn't cancel work permit as was planning to come back straight away, now I am having issues with new job as cannot get new work permit due to old one not being cancelled by employer. Anyone have experience of this and how to solve?

Thanks

A: Get the old Non-B visa (extension) cancelled and return your old work permit.

B: Get a new Non-B visa for the new company and apply for a new work permit.

Best case A happens when you stop with the old job. And then all is ready to resume with B when you want a new job.

But it seems that if A was not done already then you (an agent, accountant, etc.) has to do it before you start your new job.

Important, because it is not logical: Let's say your business visa (for the old job) ends in March. You leave the country after that and apply for a new visa maybe in August.

The old business visa still has to be cancelled, even if it expired already. 

I am no expert, but that is my recent experience.

I you can get a termination letter from your old employer that confirms that your employment was terminated on or after the date when you last left Thailand with a permission to stay based on that employment, everything is easy. Just that letter is basically enough to sort out the situation. If, for some reason, it is not possible to get such a termination letter, you will probably need professional advice on how to proceed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A: Get the old Non-B visa (extension) cancelled and return your old work permit.

B: Get a new Non-B visa for the new company and apply for a new work permit.

Best case A happens when you stop with the old job. And then all is ready to resume with B when you want a new job.

But it seems that if A was not done already then you (an agent, accountant, etc.) has to do it before you start your new job.

Important, because it is not logical: Let's say your business visa (for the old job) ends in March. You leave the country after that and apply for a new visa maybe in August.

The old business visa still has to be cancelled, even if it expired already. 

I am no expert, but that is my recent experience.

Yhe my old visa was Non-M or media, but would imagine its the same.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

I you can get a termination letter from your old employer that confirms that your employment was terminated on or after the date when you last left Thailand with a permission to stay based on that employment, everything is easy. Just that letter is basically enough to sort out the situation. If, for some reason, it is not possible to get such a termination letter, you will probably need professional advice on how to proceed.

great thanks for your help