Travel after submitting extension of marriage extension

Yes on re-entry permit

Yes on be back on time (on the date they stamp in your passport)

personally I wouldn’t go abroad during that period in case IO need more proof (documents) (this happened to a friend of mine) 

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

OP, have you used your 60 day extension to visit wife.

How long is o/s trip.

Which immigration office. 

Yes you would need a reentry permit.

Yes you need to be back for date of final stamp.

What's so urgent. Not good idea.

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, indyo said:

I guess.....if you just submitted the extension the passaport is not with you, and you are going to be home visited by immigration, how can you leave? ????

Immigration do not retain pp during under consideration period. 

• Like 2

As others have stated, such a trip is better avoided. If you do decide to make an overseas trip during the under consideration period, make sure you have informed your local immigration office in advance so they know the period when you will be out of the country.

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

As others have stated, such a trip is better avoided. If you do decide to make an overseas trip during the under consideration period, make sure you have informed your local immigration office in advance so they know the period when you will be out of the country.

I am sure he will/will have addressed that with the IO at the time of submitting the extension application. 

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I am sure he will/will have addressed that with the IO at the time of submitting the extension application. 

Very possibly, the OP had the intention of doing so. My warning on the subject will then prove to have been unnecessary. There have been cases in the past when officials arrived for a house visit and were not amused to hear that the husband was out of the country.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Very possibly, the OP had the intention of doing so. My warning on the subject will then prove to have been unnecessary. There have been cases in the past when officials arrived for a house visit and were not amused to hear that the husband was out of the country.

Yes, I could see that a futile house visit would be irksome.

Simplistically, there is no legal reason why the OP could not undertake his trip - it could easily be business/work related. However, commonsense, and courtesy, dictates that a discussion with the IO takes place - and maybe supply an accompanying note explaining the necessity of the trip.

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Not remotely mentioned in the OP

Clearly the opposite.

Hence asking for advice.

The OP is vague at best.

No mention of why such urgency.

I recall threads re travel for family illness etc during under consideration period. 

Topic covered many times.

Here is one thread.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1305185-traveling-outside-of-thailand-during-your-30-day-under-consideration-period/

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, have you used your 60 day extension to visit wife.

How long is o/s trip.

Which immigration office. 

Yes you would need a reentry permit.

Yes you need to be back for date of final stamp.

What's so urgent. Not good idea.

Would  he also be required to be available for the home inspection/interview?

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Would  he also be required to be available for the home inspection/interview?

As mentioned earlier the OP should discuss with immigration office.

The 60 day extension if he has not already used it would enable him to shift his window for extension.

Best option.

Even better is to change travel dates and obtain extension prior to travel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, MJCM said:

Yes on re-entry permit

Yes on be back on time (on the date they stamp in your passport)

personally I wouldn’t go abroad during that period in case IO need more proof (documents) (this happened to a friend of mine) 

Also happened to a friend of mine a week after his application they called and said the regional office needed additional information.

5 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

You too, instead of posting incorrect/incomplete info and asking for information that has no bearing on the correct advice ????

The OP may not be aware of 60 day extension to visit wife.

That could enable him to push back application for extension.

He may even think that it's a simple option to travel out of country during under consideration period.

Hence not considering option to change his dates.

If it's urgent/pressing reason then immigration may facilitate early application for extension. 

As I mentioned...point me to one post of yours in this thread that contributes. 

I just did my extension a couple days ago and was asked specific if I had plans to travel outside the country while my extension was under consideration . I had no plans so I dont have an answer. But that might give you an idea doing so may require you letting them know ..

• Thumbs Up 1