Certificate of residence in english from immigration?

I need them quite often for purposes, I always pay 1K baht to a notary to translate and seal it. They state what the document is, my name, address, passport number etc, always works.

Guess for official purposes with governments you would need to translate at the MFA.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I need them quite often for purposes, I always pay 1K baht to a notary to translate and seal it. They state what the document is, my name, address, passport number etc, always works.

Guess for official purposes with governments you would need to translate at the MFA.

I do same but pay just 500 Baht 5555

A big business racket all over with these residence certificate requirements,  that is a open door when a bank clerk is scared to open an account for a foreigner or a clerk in some government office does not have an idea how to handle something and needs some excuse to hush away the poor foreigner on the other side of the counter.

• Sad 2

Years ago I got a letter from K-Bank in English to submit to Schwab as proof of address. The letter stated my name, nationality, passport number, Thai address and the fact that I have an active account with the bank.

Was it 100B or 200B I don't recall.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you're collecting US social security with a Thai address, you can request a proof of benefit letter using an online SSA account.  It will show your Thai address in English of course.  You can download the letter and print it.  The letter will have SSA's letterhead.

The letter will be dated on the day you request it.  Unfortunately it will include your benefit amount and your Medicare number.  You may not want to spread around those details.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thumbs Up 1