How To Connect With Another Computer?

davethailand

After being let down badly by the guy that installed my CCTV system in the bar i'm left with a few problems.

Despite the power supply going on a so called "new" machine i've now got my CCTV system up and running again, It runs on a pc and is connect to a 4 port D Link router as is my other machine which i use for accounts etc but the whole idea for this was so i can look at the cctv via ADSL from my machine at home or abroad and as the guy took the manual for the router away to study it i am stuck as he seems to have vanished.

Can anybody tell me how to access that router and the other machines from my house?

Thanks in advance.

:o

Dave,

search on your pc "remote control" and follow the instructions, I think the easiest way.

Gerd

It's easy enough looking up your Dlink router and downloading a manual from Dlink , however connecting remotely is not for the feint hearted unless the person setting up your system has already solved the problem of you not having a fixed IP address (Which most likely you don't).

Many countries give you a fixed IP address as a matter of course but in Thailand it is an extra cost.

There are other ways of doing it through a 3rd party however you are better off getting a Pro to set it up for you.

for a start you need to set up dynamic dns on th router at work - so you can find it from the far distant realms where you wish to connect to it from.

but then you need it fully secure as you wish to allow access to your machines at work from the outside world.

get some one in to set it up correctly for you .

is monty still in pattaya :o