U.k. Visa Valid For Where ?

I have a U.K. visa for my Thai GF and we are in the U.K. right now. We want to go visit my GF's sister in South Ireland. Do we need a seperate visa for that too or is the U.K. visa valid for that ?

Mox.

I think that once u have a UK (united kingdom of great britian including ireland) visa,thoeratically you don't require another visa to enter ireland,but i m not sure about it.Let other guys here confirm.Or you better search in google to check whether a UK visa is valid for ireland or not.

You DO need a visa to go to Southern Ireland and its difficult to get from the Irish embassy in London from what I was told by the irish embassy. I was in exactly same position last year needing to go to a conference in Dublin but GF had to saty in the UK. Immigration do check your passports at Dublin airport which surprised me as I thought it would be a non event given that Ireland and UK have an open border.

The republic of Ireland is another country and requires another visa..

I know one of my contacts is currently in IRL with his Thai lady, she has UK visa sorted so they went over to N Irl and drove down as there are no border controls or stop checks.

Of course this is not legal but in irl I dont think carrying your passport is madatory so it is easily done.