Ischemic Stroke

CCesar

Had a Stroke about a year ago exactly on my 66 Birthday. Instead of being treated within a few hours, it took days for different reasons. I suppose I should have checked Hospitals nearby for equipment and competence a long time ago, which is basically my fault too, I guess. My advice is to make sure before it happens, because we never know what's around the corner!  in a way I was lucky and didn't end up in a wheelchair and recovered rather fast. Been taking Rivaroxan-20mg, one a day, Atorvastatin- 40mg, 1 a day, VitaminB1-6-12, three times a day, and starting off in the morning with 1 Anti ulcerative- 20mg in the morning.

My left arm and leg are sort of partially num and have a little pain at times, making me a little clumsy, but manageable. 

any comments, similar experience and advice welcome.

• Like 1

As for your other claim:

"The World Stroke Organization found that ischaemic stroke occurs in 1.4% of patients hospitalised due to COVID-19.17 18 The risk of thromboembolic events as a complication of COVID-19 infection has been shown to be significantly higher than the risk following administration of an mRNA vaccine, as highlighted by a narrative review conducted by Abrignani et al.4

These findings strongly suggest that the protective effect of the COVID-19 vaccine outweighs the potential risk of stroke compared with the disease itself, even without consideration of the other complications of COVID-19."

AND

"Preliminary studies from Israel and the USA have not reported an increased risk of stroke following these vaccines,9 and there is insufficient data from other studies to determine the causal link between mRNA vaccines and stroke."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10163425/

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As for your other claim:

"The World Stroke Organization found that ischaemic stroke occurs in 1.4% of patients hospitalised due to COVID-19.17 18 The risk of thromboembolic events as a complication of COVID-19 infection has been shown to be significantly higher than the risk following administration of an mRNA vaccine, as highlighted by a narrative review conducted by Abrignani et al.4

These findings strongly suggest that the protective effect of the COVID-19 vaccine outweighs the potential risk of stroke compared with the disease itself, even without consideration of the other complications of COVID-19."

AND

"Preliminary studies from Israel and the USA have not reported an increased risk of stroke following these vaccines,9 and there is insufficient data from other studies to determine the causal link between mRNA vaccines and stroke."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10163425/

I hope you got all your shots and should keep getting them. 

Were you trying to fool us with an answer about getting the virus vs getting the vaccine? The poster didn't say anything about getting the virus, only the vaccine.