In-Car Camera Recommendations

STD Warehouse

Hello everyone...

I need to get a video camera fitted in my car that can record all around the car as i drive.

This is needed for accidents, so I can show the police or whoever what actually happened.

The way tourists on bikes drive during high season is quite concerning, and is the main issue, if I have an accident I don't want to get into a heated discussion about what each party thinks happened, I want to be able to have a video of what really happened.

Does anyone have any experience with buying a camera(s) on Lazada or Shopee and installing it in the car themselves? Or is the consensus to get a garage to supply and install one?

Btw, I have a Toyota Yaris if that makes any differnce.

much thanks for any replies.

1 hour ago, STD Warehouse said:

Hello everyone...

I need to get a video camera fitted in my car that can record all around the car as i drive.

This is needed for accidents, so I can show the police or whoever what actually happened.

The way tourists on bikes drive during high season is quite concerning, and is the main issue, if I have an accident I don't want to get into a heated discussion about what each party thinks happened, I want to be able to have a video of what really happened.

Does anyone have any experience with buying a camera(s) on Lazada or Shopee and installing it in the car themselves? Or is the consensus to get a garage to supply and install one?

Btw, I have a Toyota Yaris if that makes any differnce.

much thanks for any replies.

Set up phone holder. Install app that records front and rear camera. Use your phone. Too easy 

• Like 1

Your Toyota dealer will sell you a Toyota-branded front and rear dashcam set (it appears to be a rebranded Chinese Toguard unit). Its a neat setup.

On the other hand you could fit a Nextbase - they have various models available inc. with GPS (which records speed and location along with video). In the UK my car dealership is a Nextbase sales/install agent and we have fitted several hundred over the last few years with barely any comebacks.