Parkinson's Disease Check

carlyai

Have been feeling unwell on and off for a while now and my right hand shaking has progressed to left hand as well. 

As well as my hands I seem to have the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease.

I saw a post from Sheryl recommending Professor Dr Rongroj Bhidayasrai.

I am in the Kalasin region.

Would Professor Rongroj be the person to book an appointment with?

• Like 1

Prof. Rongroj is excellent and specializes in Parkinsons but he is  in Bangkok.

In Kalasin your best option is KKU University Hospital (Srindakarind).  I suggest one of these neruologists there:

Dr. Somsak Tiamkao

Dr. Narongsit Kasemsap

https://srinagarind.md.kku.ac.th/

Dr. Somasak can also be seen at Ratchapreuk Hospital, will cost a it more but quicker/less crowded https://rph.co.th/en/doctor/somsak-tiamkao-md/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much Sheryl. 

We love that hospital.

I did lots of neurology checks in Australia after my last lumbar fusion, then they were going to put rods in my back, then got caught up with Covid and hospitals only accepting Covid patients, then my second TKR revision, so gave up.

It's been 5 months since my last knee revision, but my legs are getting slowly worse and I'm getting worried about riding my bike because of loss of sensory feelings in my legs.

Last Saturday I went for our 6km walk but only made it 4km before I sat down and went unconscious. When my wife got me to Emergency both arms and hands were shaking badly. Only found low electrolytes.

Thanks.

Don't get old. :)

23 hours ago, carlyai said:

Thank you very much Sheryl. 

We love that hospital.

I did lots of neurology checks in Australia after my last lumbar fusion, then they were going to put rods in my back, then got caught up with Covid and hospitals only accepting Covid patients, then my second TKR revision, so gave up.

It's been 5 months since my last knee revision, but my legs are getting slowly worse and I'm getting worried about riding my bike because of loss of sensory feelings in my legs.

Last Saturday I went for our 6km walk but only made it 4km before I sat down and went unconscious. When my wife got me to Emergency both arms and hands were shaking badly. Only found low electrolytes.

Thanks.

Don't get old. ????

Dehydration and low electrolytes will certainly do that. And there is nothing "only" about low electrolytes, can be very serious, even life threatening.

Next time be sure to bring plenty of electrolyte balanced fluids along and drink as you go.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Sheryl said: 'Dehydration and low electrolytes will certainly do that.'

Yes, my stupid, bullet proof, fault.

My back was sore, so had a Tramodol before the walk. Usually eat a couple of eggs also and drink a litre of water and take water, but this time I didn't drink water, take water or wear a hat. 

Usually if I feel sore I just push through and after a couple of km feel OK.

Have to wake up, not a super fit, 20 year old Surf Lifesaver that I used to be. :)

• Like 1