Pubcycle X

StreetCowboy

Pubcycle 2023, our tenth excursion, is scheduled for 26th November.  We will be raising funds for Agathian’s Shelter, and if you can’t join, just send the money.

My first task is to confirm the participating pubs; then the posters, check the route in detail, confirm the riders, start collecting sponsorship…

Thanks in advance for your support - the kids appreciate it!

3 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Pubcycle 2023, our tenth excursion, is scheduled for 26th November.  We will be raising funds for Agathian’s Shelter, and if you can’t join, just send the money.

My first task is to confirm the participating pubs; then the posters, check the route in detail, confirm the riders, start collecting sponsorship…

Thanks in advance for your support - the kids appreciate it!

Is there one in TH, or just MY?

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Nice......One thread on the forum stating how dangerous it is to ride a bicycle or scooter and now another thread promoting cycling.

What will be consumed at the pubs? Just soda water? If alcohol (as is customary at pubs) then recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

What will be consumed at the pubs? Just soda water? If alcohol (as is customary at pubs) then recipe for disaster.

Generally, the landlords provide a small cider at each of the pubs, while the riders pay a comparable amount to Agathians’.  A couple of years ago, we were delayed by slightly slow drinking, and I remarked “I’m anxious to get to the last pub, where I can have a proper drink”.  
This year, we’re planning on finishing in Bangsar, so I’ll need to take it easy at the end, because there’s at least one stop on the way home from there.

I went out on a route check this morning, and it was shorter and much harder than I expected.  I certainly struggled through the heat of the mid day sun.  You might want to apply a coat of Hammerite  if you suffer from male pattern baldness.

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/12/2023 at 9:16 PM, StreetCowboy said:

I’m having trouble drumming up more than tepid enthusiasm for the ride this year.  Maybe I should consult a doctor…

Or, maybe you should ride in the nude?

Naked riders always get much enthusiasm from the spectators.