Used Tractor Auction At Jssr

I have been looking for a tractor for a bit now.  Been to all the used places and feel the pricing that they are offering is a bit high.

When I complained about pricing, one of my friends in the business said why don't you try the auctions like we all do.  I really love auctions and so I started to look around at the big machinery auctions!   It seems a number of people import used tractors and then for some reason or other have problems with the bank and they are seized and sold at Auctions.

JSSR has an Auction on the 20-21-22 JULY 2007.  Please read their site http://www.jssr.co.th/  In this auction they have 82 farming tractors from 15-60 hp and are available for inspection any time.  Historical pricing at their auction ranges from 15k - 250k.

If you look at the historical pricing links on JSSR site you will see that prices are about 50% or less of what you would expect to pay from a dealer.  Have a look at previous auction prices on 18th-19th-20th May 2007 when they sold 90 used farm tractors.  The prices are really startling!

I am sure each of us will realise that buying at auction it is done by experienced people but I see many of us are just that.  Keeping in mind that any tractor that is well known can be rebuildt for very little money in this country, some of us on small farms could very well be able to afford one of these tractors.

I will be going on the 20th to look things over with with a view to buying late on this year.

Badbanker

Thanks for that BB,

Does anyone know how easy it is to organise transport for something like a small tractor from this auction, are there guys hanging around with trucks for hire.

Ta

Depends where you want to ship it to!  In Bangkok there are places that you can call and book a truck without much trouble.  ON Bangna I can think of several places that have signs up for day hire of 4 and 6 wheel trucks.

Don't think it is problem.

BB

BB, I gather from your posts that youve looked around the tractor sales places in bangkok.

The pics on the auction site mostly looked like older models, are there more recent models on the sales lots ?

Id be taking it up to Chiang Mai if I bought one.

BB, I gather from your posts that youve looked around the tractor sales places in bangkok.

The pics on the auction site mostly looked like older models, are there more recent models on the sales lots ?

Id be taking it up to Chiang Mai if I bought one.

WYSIWG   What You See Is What You Get.  If you don't like the tractors there wait a month or so till the next auction and see waht presents itself.  Are you talking about Ford or Japanese?  The tractors auctioned here are typical of the tractor models that I have seen in used tractor sale yards.  Only thing is they have not been painted and prissied up.

On another point.  Most of the japanese used tractors that are imported to Thailand have between 500-1000 hours.  We all know a good diesel tractor runs for 5-10,000 hours if it is looked after.   The cosmetic apearance of the Jap tractors for sale here are like that because they have probaly been stored in the open for up to 5 years since importation from Japan!  Again getting it repainted and repaired is not that espensive and wil give you a good vehicle for many years.

Most of the tractors for sale here have spare parts and service available. At least in Bangkok!

Oh a good spare motor for a Yanmar or Kubota tractor will cost you between 20-30 k

BB

Edited by Badbanker