Greater Manchester Pension Fund

I have had over a decade of receiving my monthly pension from the GMPF paid into my Bangkok Bank account.

This time around completing the GMPF 'Identity Verification' form is a pain in the posterior. This form is to help

prove that my claim is above board and that I am still alive and entitled to receive a monthly pension payment.

I have corresponded with the GMPF without much joy in getting my point across. 

Anyone here a GMPF recipient and experiencing difficulties? Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, WildBillHiccup said:

Anyone here a GMPF recipient

How many live in Thailand and how many of those bother with Asean Now is anybody's guess.

All of us with pension income are familiar with the requirement from time to time to prove that we haven't pegged out. In my experience the only difficulty is the reliance of pension providers on snail mail to make such requests and non-delivery by the Thai Post Office. Actually supplying the proof isn't very difficult. I'm just curious as to what particular difficulties you have experienced with GMPF?

• Thumbs Up 1

The proof of life form is standard for all UK occupational pensions and arises from the legal duties on the pension Trustees to manage the pension and guard against fraud.

Receiving the of roof of life form by regular mail can be problematic, but not necessarily a fault of the Thai Post Office.

My advice is:

Request the forms to be sent to you by email then complete and return by Thailand Post Office EMS service, which you can track and trace.

Your proof of life form might require a witness signature who is not a relative.

I would recommend Public Notary, Condominium Manager, Lawyer, Village Head or Licensed Professionals, preferably someone who can add an official stamp/seal or professional license number.

Keep copies for your records.

Of course the ideal solution would be emailing the documents in both directions but this may not be acceptable where hard signatures are required.

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The proof of life form is standard for all UK occupational pensions and arises from the legal duties on the pension Trustees to manage the pension and guard against fraud.

Standard for all UK pensioners that have admitted they live outside the UK.

In the UK pension companies are notified of your death by government agencies so no proof of life required.

My advice is,

Keep quiet about where you live and what you are doing. They don't need to know!

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Standard for all UK pensioners that have admitted they live outside the UK.

In the UK pension companies are notified of your death by government agencies so no proof of life required.

My advice is,

Keep quiet about where you live and what you are doing. They don't need to know!

The OP is getting his GMP pension paid directly to his Bangkok Bank account.

On 9/29/2023 at 6:05 AM, WildBillHiccup said:

I have had over a decade of receiving my monthly pension from the GMPF paid into my Bangkok Bank account.

This time around completing the GMPF 'Identity Verification' form is a pain in the posterior. This form is to help

prove that my claim is above board and that I am still alive and entitled to receive a monthly pension payment.

I have corresponded with the GMPF without much joy in getting my point across. 

Anyone here a GMPF recipient and experiencing difficulties? Thanks in advance. 

What, specifically, is difficult about the form? I have been retired for 18 years and never had one from my force.

I've had the state pension proof of life form, which was a doddle to complete.

Edited by chickenslegs