Vietnamese Tourist Visa

INTJ

Hi,

Does anybody know of a reputable agent in Pattaya who can procure a Vietnamese tourist visa, thus avoiding 2 trips to BKK, as there is still no VOA for Vietnam.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by INTJ

Hi,

Does anybody know of a reputable agent in Pattaya who can procure a Vietnamese tourist visa, thus avoiding 2 trips to BKK, as there is still no VOA for Vietnam.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about Pattaya but if you have internet access, I can recommend a Vietnam agency that will do the needful online and via email. You will end up with a PDF file of letter from VN immigration that allows you to pick up your VOA at Saigon or Hanoi airports.

Last April I sent passport details on Monday and received the letter via email the next day. I flew in to BKK Thursday, my buddy from the US arrived on Friday and on Saturday afternoon we were both in Na Trang!

PM me for details.

I used Anna at AA Hotel on Beach Road (corner Soi 12?). She's a very nice and helpful woman with her little travel agency in the lobby.

You will need the usual 2 passport photos and you give her your passport. She procured the visa from Khon Kaen somehow.

Have to say I'd be a bit weary using any sort of middle man where your passport is concerned. However, NanLaew that sounds interesting. Is that an official government site? Online visas can only be the way forward.

Have to say I'd be a bit weary using any sort of middle man where your passport is concerned. However, NanLaew that sounds interesting. Is that an official government site? Online visas can only be the way forward.

Nope. A regular full-service VN tour company that's way ahead of the game and very, very good at what they provide.

Massic Travel on second road near Soi 6 is a good bet, I've used them for visas before.

They are the same people who own the Pattaya Mail.

not the "same" people but brothers. Massic Travel does an excellent job for business and first class flights. must be the same for economy.

Edited by Dr. Naam

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Go to the Vietnam Embassy on Wireless Road in the morning--PAY 500baht OVER THE NORMAL PRICE--go and have some lunch (or a massage) and then go and collect your Passport. What could be easier than that. So get off your butt and go.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Go to the Vietnam Embassy on Wireless Road in the morning--PAY 500baht OVER THE NORMAL PRICE--go and have some lunch (or a massage) and then go and collect your Passport. What could be easier than that. So get off your butt and go.

But the OP said he doesn't WANT to go to Bangkok.

Which option is easier?

Ride a bus, taxi or drive to Bangkok to arrive at 8:30 am to get ahead of the line of backpackers and visa 'agents', pay the extra dosh for same-day delivery (which is NOT guaranteed in my experience) and wait till after 4pm to pick up passport. Then the tedious travel back to Pattaya, catching the rush-hour traffic all the way or maybe an overnight if they refuse the 'fast track' and do the nice drive a day later. Minimum 16 hours round-trip, maximum 28 hours, + B500, + tolls, + gas or fares, (+ maybe even a room for the night).

OR

Go online over morning coffee in Pattaya and send passport details and pay $25 by secure website. Spend the day(s) in Pattaya at your leisure. Check email next day and receive letter for VOA. Go to airport from Pattaya and fly to Vietnam. Go to the VOA desk, fill application with letter and pp pics, pay another $25 and have your visa inserted in the passport, clear immigration and start your vacation.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

But the OP said he doesn't WANT to go to Bangkok.

Which option is easier?

Ride a bus, taxi or drive to Bangkok to arrive at 8:30 am to get ahead of the line of backpackers and visa 'agents', pay the extra dosh for same-day delivery (which is NOT guaranteed in my experience) and wait till after 4pm to pick up passport. Then the tedious travel back to Pattaya, catching the rush-hour traffic all the way or maybe an overnight if they refuse the 'fast track' and do the nice drive a day later. Minimum 16 hours round-trip, maximum 28 hours, + B500, + tolls, + gas or fares, (+ maybe even a room for the night).

OR

Go online over morning coffee in Pattaya and send passport details and pay $25 by secure website. Spend the day(s) in Pattaya at your leisure. Check email next day and receive letter for VOA. Go to airport from Pattaya and fly to Vietnam. Go to the VOA desk, fill application with letter and pp pics, pay another $25 and have your visa inserted in the passport, clear immigration and start your vacation.

Dear Nanlaew,

I don't blame you for pushing your online option (it's also a good way), but you are WRONG

in your statement above with 'the OP doesn't WANT to go Bangkok'.

Because if you read his original post correctly you'll see he said he didn't want make 2 trips to Bangkok,

ie: to pick up his Passport/Visa another day, hence my very useful information on how to do it in a few hours.

Please apologise for your 'faux pas'.

Your 'expedited' procedure is OK if Bangkok is in your itinerary. Here's the basis for my preference. This may work for some and not for others but I think the OP now has all the choices he/she requires.

5 visas for 5 trips to Vietnam from Bangkok over past 3 years

#1 Did the 2 day routine, visa support letter from client, stay in Bangkok in transit, no worries. Had no plans to be in Pattaya anyway.

#2 Did the 2 day routine as above but had to be in Haiphong THAT EVENING so mad dash from embassy to (Don Muang) airport to catch the last flight to Hanoi.

#3 Apprised of the 'expedited' option, paid extra and got my passport back a day 'early' so no mad rush. Using Don Muang again.

#4 Tried the fast track and was DENIED (VN embassy was mobbed by applicants or backlogged) so arrived 1 day later than client requested and lost $1200 on that invoice.

#5 Offshore Ghana on a Monday, I was requested by new client that I be in Na Trang no later than following Sunday. Did the online application, received VOA letter, had a whole 36 hours in transit in Pattaya and didn't need to see Bangkok as I flew into and from the new Suvarnabhumi airport.

Only the OP can say if he can tolerate 1 trip to the embassy so can't honestly 'fess up to a faux pas. But I know that I won't be strolling down Wireless Road anytime soon, unless you are buying me a massage, beer or both!