Nakhon Pathom -- New Tourist Destination?

sbk

ORCHARD TALES

Visits to organic orchard popular with city dwellers, who can combine it with a canal tour

STORY AND PHOTOS BY SUJINTANA HEMTASILPA

Located just a short distance from Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom has become a tourist attraction for city people, who can take a boat ride along Klong Mahasawat canal and tour organic pomelo plantations in the Phutthamonthon area.

The tour has been going for seven years.

See the Bangkok Post for the rest of the article here

I never considered Nakhon Pathom as a tourist destination but I guess if you are tired of being cooped up in the city then it might be nice.

Dont think it will ever be a tourist 'attraction' but a nice place to go for a change.

I read it today also and will be going there for a day out one day soon.

Good on the bkk post for coming up with these articles from time to time, I have several saved and ready to visit one day. Would never know about them if not for the articles.

Had my first major "look at the farang" experience there in the Tesco supermarket, people gawping, walking into displays, kids being dragged away by their parents, others trying to get their friends so they didnt miss me, even the cashier had to get help from a manager as she was so shy. :D

Unless of course this happens with me all the time and this was the first time I noticed. :o

Hilarious, I enjoyed it anyway. :D

Maybe Tesco isnt going to be a tourist attraction though, so all should be well.

Have spent a lot of time in Nakorn Pathom over the last two years.Rarely see other farangs and whilst there are some worth while attractions, less english is spoken,and a greater need for speaking thai is required.Limited tourism may happen,but I can't see it taking off any time soon.

Phra Pathom Chedi is the tallest in the world.

unfortunately, not any more - a new one in changzhou china claims this record - though their architecture style is different.. :o but phra pathom chedi is special and indeed worth visiting.. :D