Is Bangkok tuk tuk tour worth a try?

KC1980

7 minutes ago, KC1980 said:

Is Bangkok tuk tuk tour worth a try?

tuk-tuk-tailandia2.jpg.f80abd3c846d6d33e800cca443288e92.jpg

Sure, why not? But you'd want a proper ICE tuk tuk with a big fat noisy exhaust, flashing lights and a bangin' sound system. Not that sedate looking EV thing in the picture. And yes l, I am being serious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once in a life, just to say you did it on a short distance, just for the photo on some absurd social media...well why not ?

But on a daily basis, it's just a tourist trap..

Unless you ask your thai girlie to negotiate the price or that you are aware on what alternative public transport would cost for the same journey.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Once in a life, just to say you did it on a short distance, just for the photo on some absurd social media...well why not ?

But on a daily basis, it's just a tourist trap..

Unless you ask your thai girlie to negotiate the price or that you are aware on what alternative public transport would cost for the same journey.

The price for that hop on hop off service is fixed and looks quite reasonable. Only downside seems to be that the tuk tuk isn't actually a tuk tuk because it's an EV and therefore doesn't make the proper sound.

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

The price for that hop on hop off service is fixed and looks quite reasonable. Only downside seems to be that the tuk tuk isn't actually a tuk tuk because it's an EV and therefore doesn't make the proper sound.

price fixed okay...but how visible are the prices for toursts wishing to hop on ?

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

It's in the photo the OP attached, on the roof of the "tuk tuk". 

https://www.tuktukhop.com/

I didn't delve into the full details viz routes and value-for-money because it doesn't interest me. As I said above, EV tuk tuks are an abomination ????

Thanks for the link.

I think the OP might be better planing the route and using grab. For 399 baht you could take a number of taxis and I assume you will be 2 people so you are looking at 798 baht. Haggle  with with a tuktuk to get one ride and see what it is like and the rest of the day use grab or bolt.

That being said I looked at Trip Advisor and most of the reviews are positive.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293916-d17823777-Bangkok_Old_Town_Tuk_Tuk_Hop_On_Hop_Off-Bangkok.html

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Traffic is horrific right now.  I never understand taking these stuck in traffic jams smelling the exhaust of other vehicles, hot, uncomfortable. 

THIS. THIS. THIS. 

Driver of TukTuk pulled up behind the dreaded exhaust releasing bus. He behaved like he was nirvana rose pelt scents - we suffered the dreaded exhaust fumes. Partner had a cough for months after. Utterly horrific. 

6 hours ago, biervoormij said:

Thanks for the link.

I think the OP might be better planing the route and using grab. For 399 baht you could take a number of taxis and I assume you will be 2 people so you are looking at 798 baht. Haggle  with with a tuktuk to get one ride and see what it is like and the rest of the day use grab or bolt.

That being said I looked at Trip Advisor and most of the reviews are positive.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293916-d17823777-Bangkok_Old_Town_Tuk_Tuk_Hop_On_Hop_Off-Bangkok.html

2 pax is 649 baht, not 798. Which is apparently a lot of money for some of the young people so maybe the OP should just walk instead, like that English couple who have been spamming this site with their attempt at a travel blog ????

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

We, old hands of Thailand, who's been there done that, by all means, take a ride, just to say that i have been to Thailand and rode their main tourist attraction...

An electric 'tuk tuk' that runs on a fixed route for a fixed price is Thailand's main tourist attraction? Are you sure you're an old hand?

• Thumbs Up 1

The upside is you will meet all his family whom all seem to have a business on route. 

But if you can make your own list of attractions you want to see and make it clear from the start, you don't want to visit his 'cousins' gold shop, and you know your list of attractions are open no "Oh they not open today" BS it could be a good day out buy him lunch. I had some good tuk-tuks in neighboring countries for 20usd a day 6yrs ago. no BS from them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How difficult is it to google "hop on hop off tuk tuk Bangkok"?

Don't even need to do that, the URL and the App name are clearly visible in the photo. Apologies to anyone that is optically challenged, thankfully I can still make out the detail.

• Sad 1