UK aaplication for Pensioner over 50 years visa..

It looks as if they have once again changed the requirements for the Non "O" single/multi entry 90 day over 50's visa. I started an application a couple of weeks ago & the only requirement I had to complete was insurance for the multi entry. I went to complete it yesterday & submit & find that the insurance requirement has been removed but they now require 65,000 baht per month or 800,000in a bank not stipulating whether it be Thai bank. Are you kidding me this is a temporary long term stay not a retirement stamp requisit. Any info' on this would be helpful if there is any....my situation is this - my wife & I have a condo in Chiang Mai we usually spend 5/6 months winter here not full time why would anyone want to comply with these financial requirements. If we take the 6 months multi tourist visa we will need to exit twice which I feel as a property owner is too much. I know of so many people who used to come to Thailand for Winter stays & for one reason & another do not come now do the Thais no longer want Westerners?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, les1 said:

my wife & I have a condo in Chiang Mai we usually spend 5/6 months winter here not full time why would anyone want to comply with these financial requirements.

Mate, you must be really special  - the rules don't apply to you. Don't want to comply? Bye.

And what's "a temporary long term stay not a retirement stamp requisit"? Another special one for you and the wife?

Get real or sell the condo.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, isaanistical said:

Mate, you must be really special  - the rules don't apply to you. Don't want to comply? Bye.

And what's "a temporary long term stay not a retirement stamp requisit"? Another special one for you and the wife?

When the rising tide of visa change reaches you and you are no longer eligible according to the rules, you will just meekly leave I presume?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Realworld said:

Maybe immigration should rewrite the rules, as your so special.

Who would buy a property in another country and then can not comply with the correct visa entry requirements?

Perfect example of self entitlement. 

A lot of people bought properties and are now finding all the new visa red tape and regulations annoying. One had to fly from New York, back to Germany to make his visa application, rather than get a visa in NY and fly directly. Another is coming for 30 days not 60 as the new Tourist Visa web application is too onerous(not all of us will work out we need to create a dummy .gif file and upload it to complete the process. My observation is that wealthy retirees who own condos here and who are ostensibly who Thailand is seeking to attract are being repelled by Thailand changing the deal on them. 

Edited by mokwit
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2023 at 6:12 PM, MeePeeMai said:

Everything good eventually comes to an end and the Land of Smiles has seen its better days.

I can't remember the last time we got some good news here regarding visas, annual extensions and the like. 

I agree, with the single exception of the LTR visas that have been implemented very well.

To the OP, look into whether you qualify for the LTR-WP (Long Term Resident Wealthy Pensioner) visa. If you do, it is far superior to a regular Non O visa. if you expect to spend any significant amount of time in Thailand in the future. Among other things, it insulates you from immigration changes for the next 10 years. The application process is done online through the Thai BOI, a much less frustrating experience than dealing with Thailand's London embassy.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:31 PM, isaanistical said:

For all of you smart arses read the following from London Thai Embassy yesterday reference Non "O" single/multi 90 day Visa:

5. Financial evidence e.g. A copy of a pension statement (more than £200/week) if the applicant is a pensioner and a copy of a 3-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or a 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000. Online appliocation does not quote this!!!

Furthermore:

8. Health Insurance issued by the insurer with the outpatient benefit of not less than 40,000 THB and inpatient benefit of not less than 400,000 THB or Financial evidence (A copy of pension statement of no less than 800 GBP/month and a copy of a 3-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least 10,000 GBP).         

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/5/2023 at 6:59 AM, mokwit said:

A lot of people bought properties and are now finding all the new visa red tape and regulations annoying. One had to fly from New York, back to Germany to make his visa application, rather than get a visa in NY and fly directly. Another is coming for 30 days not 60 as the new Tourist Visa web application is too onerous(not all of us will work out we need to create a dummy .gif file and upload it to complete the process. My observation is that wealthy retirees who own condos here and who are ostensibly who Thailand is seeking to attract are being repelled by Thailand changing the deal on them. 

A man who undrstands & 15 years ago when I bought these visas complicated were not in force.

• Confused 1

OP, it seems you have an issue with your particular Embassy in UK. You should not generalize to Thailand's policies in general. And btw, it is perfectly normal that when a country is overwhelmed with "long stayers" of one kind or another, they adjust rules. You can thank the Chinese, Russians, Indians. Tell me which country keeps their immigration rules fixed for half a century (that seems to be the duration since you say half of us where not even born). Also, do not feel that you are the one that Thailand is trying to attract: they want tourists who drop 5,000B/day for a couple of weeks then leave, or people who buy new condos. You bought yours long ago, in economic terms you are not so appealing. Sorry to be frank.

Anyway, if you are 80ish and your wife has mobility problems, perhaps you should consider eventually the hard truth of either living here for good, or staying elsewhere for good.

Anyway good luck with your next visa, I hope you manage.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 3:45 PM, arithai12 said:

OP, it seems you have an issue with your particular Embassy in UK. You should not generalize to Thailand's policies in general. And btw, it is perfectly normal that when a country is overwhelmed with "long stayers" of one kind or another, they adjust rules. You can thank the Chinese, Russians, Indians. Tell me which country keeps their immigration rules fixed for half a century (that seems to be the duration since you say half of us where not even born). Also, do not feel that you are the one that Thailand is trying to attract: they want tourists who drop 5,000B/day for a couple of weeks then leave, or people who buy new condos. You bought yours long ago, in economic terms you are not so appealing. Sorry to be frank.

Anyway, if you are 80ish and your wife has mobility problems, perhaps you should consider eventually the hard truth of either living here for good, or staying elsewhere for good.

Anyway good luck with your next visa, I hope you manage.

Firstly, let me make you all aware that the Embassy application was wrong I have 2 x 90 day multi entry Visas approved with a Bank statement showing GBP10,000 so my original understanding of this visa requirements was correct. I cannot stay permanently in Thailand because I have a cancer which needs constant monitoring otherwise, we would have done this years ago. As for age it's going to come to you all best of luck..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, les1 said:

Firstly, let me make you all aware that the Embassy application was wrong I have 2 x 90 day multi entry Visas approved with a Bank statement showing GBP10,000 so my original understanding of this visa requirements was correct. I cannot stay permanently in Thailand because I have a cancer which needs constant monitoring otherwise, we would have done this years ago. As for age it's going to come to you all best of luck..

Sorry to hear about your cancer situation.

But the sneeringly patronising arrogance which you have thus far gleefully displayed in this thread with a "Me Mr High & Mighty Ultra-Perfect & Ultra-Superior Westerner" attitude is really doing you no favours at all IMHO.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 5:30 AM, les1 said:

It looks as if they have once again changed the requirements for the Non "O" single/multi entry 90 day over 50's visa. I started an application a couple of weeks ago & the only requirement I had to complete was insurance for the multi entry. I went to complete it yesterday & submit & find that the insurance requirement has been removed but they now require 65,000 baht per month or 800,000in a bank not stipulating whether it be Thai bank. Are you kidding me this is a temporary long term stay not a retirement stamp requisit. Any info' on this would be helpful if there is any....my situation is this - my wife & I have a condo in Chiang Mai we usually spend 5/6 months winter here not full time why would anyone want to comply with these financial requirements. If we take the 6 months multi tourist visa we will need to exit twice which I feel as a property owner is too much. I know of so many people who used to come to Thailand for Winter stays & for one reason & another do not come now do the Thais no longer want Westerners?

I get the Feeling they never did like Foreigners.

Remember the Dirty Farangs who introduced Covid.

The dirty Foreigners throw Trash  and litter the beaches.

The dirty Foreigners cause Flooding.....im sure they think this.

On 10/4/2023 at 7:34 AM, DrJack54 said:

You are the one that is kidding. 

Thailand has many options regarding visas.

For 5/6 months stay you could obtain a METV.

This visa provides permit of 60 days which can be extended by 30.

For 6 month stay you could do ,

60 + 30 then spend a weekend in say Saigon where being UK you are visa exempt entry.

Reenter Thailand for another 90 days.

Sorry it's all so tough.  Not.

Two back to back tourist visa might be Pushing it BRO.........Real Tourists dont do that................

11 minutes ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

Two back to back tourist visa might be Pushing it BRO.........Real Tourists dont do that................

I did no suggest back to back METV visa

That provides 9 months stay and with couple of visa exempt entries and extensions no problem.

Edited by DrJack54

On 10/6/2023 at 9:58 PM, DrJack54 said:

You start a thread and then post rubbish.

Such as .....

"No words for a moron like you....."

Along with many other offensive posts.

At 85 stop being grumpy old man

Use an agent to obtain your annual extensions if it's all too much for you..

Cut him some slack Dr, he is only 'approaching 80'       555