Recommendations for Surgeon Needed

Mike Lister

I hope this is the correct forum, if it is not will the moderators please move this post? Thanks.

I am attempting to find recommendations for a well regarded surgeon in Chiang Mai who is skilled at thyroid removal, if anyone has any first hand experience of this I will be extremely grateful. The background is this:

I was diagnosed many years ago with matted follicular tumors on the thyroid which I understand is fairly common as you age, all the tests at that time were negative. I recently noticed something was going on in my throat so I had a series of blood tests that showed my TSH levels were close to the bottom of the range. An endocrinologist at Bangkok Hospital arranged for an ultrasound which shows a large number of tumors that do not fit the profile of benign, the assumption is therefore that some are cancerous. The idea of doing FNA's to confirm the status of the tumors was ruled out because of the large number involved and the likelihood of missing infected areas, the recommendation is now to remove the entire thyroid fairly soon.

Rather than leave the choice of surgeon up to the endocrinologist alone, I would like to go into my next meeting with the her, armed with some information. I will get a second opinion about the radiology report, from the highly regarded Dr Ampica tomorrow and will also ask her for recommendations.

My question now is, does anyone have first hand experience (only) of a surgeon in Chiang Mai who is skilled at thyroid removal?

Thank you in advance for any names you can supply.

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I would definitely be guided by Prof. Ampica's recommendation.

Otherwise

https://sriphat.med.cmu.ac.th/find_doctor?lang=en&doctor_name=&spec_name=17&special_name=55

Dr Ampica recommends Dr Donyarat as the best surgeon for the job, ironically she is one of the two Dr's on the Sriphat Hospital list that you sent me above. As I recall, Dr D. has Harvard education on her resume.

40 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Dr Ampica recommends Dr Donyarat as the best surgeon for the job, ironically she is one of the two Dr's on the Sriphat Hospital list that you sent me above. As I recall, Dr D. has Harvard education on her resume.

And many publications in peer reviewed journals. You will he in good hands with her.

• Thanks 2