Dirty Paws

While we were debating moving the dog inside the house (usually sleeps under the car), she took things into her own paws, and settled right behind my office chair.

This is, so far, reserved for scary occasions (lightning, thunder, fireworks), but guess will be extended in time. Like, she doesn't stay overnight, so didn't need to tackle toilet issues, and for some reason she refuses to drink water indoors. Grumbles when I get up, grumbles when I bring in a drink, grumbles if I put on Tom Waits.

Anyway....

It's rainy season, it's muddy outside, so obviously her paws are dirty. A couple of rags do the trick, sure, but I recall seeing some gadget that's sort of like a rubber stamps cushion (is that the word?), and told it was like one pump per paw. 

Anyone know something about that? Or if it works? Worthwhile?

While on the topic, I'd also like to know if there's any instant spray smell remover/perfume that's applicable for dogs? Safe for use, obviously. Mrs. Morch got a better nose than the dog. If it works, I'll use it myself.

• Like 1

I'll give it a month or 3, and you'll be house breaking her, and she'll be sleeping in your bed ????

Our outside only guard dog ...

... now ... nuff said

image.png.91b5f7f955bc14a6c5976e69ec1865c4.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

She'd kinda old, 8-9 years. We suspect she's house broken, never seen here do her business on concrete, tiles or asphalt. She's just not into houses. Parking ceiling? Scary. Under the car in that same parking? Safe.

Grew up with GSD's and a Boxer. All feared lightnings, and used to end up in my bed on stormy nights. I actually miss that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Lazada link

Also many youtube videos if you search "Dog paw cleaner cup".

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Quite a few of this type on Lazada ...

Link here

And doggy deodorant ...

Link here

or ...

image.jpeg.ce3ac26cc77e10b703f36d4acd59739c.jpeg

Thanks for the links.

Interested to know if someone got hand-on experience with them.

My thinking is that, the cleaning gadgets might very well be something you use once then toss in the storage room, or that the spray makes the dog's hair fall off or something.

If she refuses to drink water indoors, she might be intentionally restricting her water intake because she's worried about peeing in the house. 

If she's smelly, brushing her will be more effective than air freshener. It gets the dander and dead fur off,  and keeps the skin healthy and the fur clean.

Let us know if you try the paw cleaner thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

If she refuses to drink water indoors, she might be intentionally restricting her water intake because she's worried about peeing in the house. 

If she's smelly, brushing her will be more effective than air freshener. It gets the dander and dead fur off,  and keeps the skin healthy and the fur clean.

Let us know if you try the paw cleaner thing. 

We were thinking the same about the water drinking, she's a sensible girl.

She gets brushed regularly, the issue is that she loves hunting lizards (and is good at it), then rolling on their corpses. The smell is overpowering sometimes.

• Haha 2

Why not just send her to the Dry Cleaners.

My dog in Taiwan never had this problem

He would just jump in the Pacific, or roll around in the mud.

Never a problem with my dog, Golden Brown.

I would not care whatever he did.

He was ALWAYS my Golden Brown Taiwan Dog....

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

23 minutes ago, Pitak Chirachat said:

I use towel and brush. Did the trick for 30 years.

That's how I grew up, and that's how I handle it now. Was just wondering if there's an easier/quicker way to go about it.