Pattaya Residents Report Concerning Beach Erosion Caused by Heavy Rain

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The torrential rain pounded Pattaya City for more than two hours early this morning, causing significant erosion as the runoff flowed down to the beach and swept sand into the Pattaya sea.

:cheesy:

Those idiots in city hall can't even stop a road right next to the sea flooding.

One has to ask where the money went?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A design flaw which will keep happening, from memory its the rain from Klang and other run off areas has nowhere to go so goes over the beach, if they'd built channels it wouldn't happen

Yes, storm drain channels or similar have been mentioned ever since the beach was sandbagged! It would seem to have neem obvious for the Klang and North Rd areas. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A design flaw which will keep happening, from memory its the rain from Klang and other run off areas has nowhere to go so goes over the beach, if they'd built channels it wouldn't happen

I agree, concrete the sides and have a nice jaunty little bridge over the top

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wuvu2 said:

To be fair, it barely ever rains in Thailand, so it's a bit unfair to expect the government to plan for every little unexpected mishap ???? 

They have spent, likely wasted, many millions of baht in an effort to improve drainage in this area....residents are fed up of such never ending projects, along with the paving that has bee done 4 times I can think of.

It is a fiasco......, but good money spinner!

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Haven't we seen this before? (rhetorical question)

This falls under the heading of "planned obsolescence" and is a continual source of income for the chosen contractors.

Exactly right. Along with the constant, repetitive and never-ending resurfacing of the promenade. Wouldn't you love to be a contractor in Pattaya. Of course, in other places the contractor would have to re-do a botched job at their own expense, but in Thailand?

We have a similar situation in my neck of the woods, with roads having to be repaired or resurfaced every few months. Same situation, different locations. There are only two possible explanations - either Thais are monumentally useless at their job, or - well, you know. Or both.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 5:05 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

Those idiots in city hall can't even stop a road right next to the sea flooding.

One has to ask where the money went?

Those idiots laugh all the way to the bank! Like a bonus that comes around every year! ????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Those idiots laugh all the way to the bank! Like a bonus that comes around every year! ????

Agree 100%.

I loved Pattaya, but I wasn't blind to the problems caused by city hall.

One benefit was that the <deleted> infrastructure made it unpopular with bagpackers and families.