Moment Range Rover explodes before £20m multi-storey structure collapses - sparking travel chaos for up to 50,000 passengers

Social Media

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Bedfordshire Fire Brigade official press release stated a Diesel vehicle.

So do you have any factual information or statements that contradict the Fire Brigade statement?

Or are you providing us with an example of gaslighting? 

Yes it's Diesel.

Diesel hybrid.

Diesel doesn't burn bright orange from under the passenger seat. Where the lithium battery is located.

image.png.8b8923f77b3faf143e5755368a859ec3.png

image.png.1684880adea73059b5065b041bcc502d.png

image.png.79ec656b6937f78967f3049298c9f121.png

If they told you it wasn't a car but a motorbike, would you believe them or would you believe your own eyes? That's a lithium fire, clear as day. 

4 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Good try George, but no cigar for you, because none of my 2 simple questions was even the subject in any of the links you posted.

Although this excerpt from your last link was interesting to read.

That’s according to newly obtained data by Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions which shows that between July 2022 and June 2023, UK fire services recorded 239 fires linked to EVs.

This marks an 83% surge from the 130 incidents reported during the same period the previous year.

Has the amount of EV's in use (that does not mean sales) increased by 83% in the same period?

I posted the data that is readily available. I informed you have data is collected and recorded. There is nothing I can do if those figures are not released. I only report facts.

So the answer to your first question, is no there is no released data currently that gives the break down you want on EVs, that I have seen. 

Your second question about total vehicles, I would suggest google, as that does not interest me.

This thread is about Luton car park fire and the diesel Range Rover that started it.

I am well aware of the dangers if lithium batteries and have worked on safety procedures and operational response for over 25 years, but that has nothing to do with the OP, which seems, like many threads, to be hijacked by those shouting their own agendas..

7 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Good try George, but no cigar for you, because none of my 2 simple questions was even the subject in any of the links you posted.

Although this excerpt from your last link was interesting to read.

That’s according to newly obtained data by Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions which shows that between July 2022 and June 2023, UK fire services recorded 239 fires linked to EVs.

This marks an 83% surge from the 130 incidents reported during the same period the previous year.

Has the amount of EV's in use (that does not mean sales) increased by 83% in the same period?

Also from the same article:

The rapid rise is attributed to the growing presence of EVs on British roads, spanning cars, trucks, e-bikes, and electric scooters.

Sarah Martin, president of Honeywell Sensing and Safety Technologies (SST), commented: “Although we are seeing a striking increase in fires related to EVs, the number is still low in relation to the total EVs in use across the UK, which exceeds 1.1 million.”

The 1.1million seems to be way under the actual number, since there are approaching 500,000 e-bikes in the UK and approximately 750,000 e-scooters.

Which raises another issue.

Are fires caused by e-bikes, e-scooters, e-mono wheels, e-hoverboards being conflated with fires in EV motor cars/busses etc? 

These various forms of EVs are certainly not manufactured to the same standards.

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/uk-e-bike-sales-slow-due-to-cost-of-living-crisis-with-lack-of-subsidies-a-barrier-4297#:~:text=E-bike sales have tripled,estimated 155%2C000 bikes in 2022.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2022-12-08/debates/185895BF-38BE-4550-A19D-7642420D3487/E-ScootersAntisocialUse#:~:text=It is estimated that there,in the years to come.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes it's Diesel.

Diesel hybrid.

Diesel doesn't burn bright orange from under the passenger seat. Where the lithium battery is located.

image.png.8b8923f77b3faf143e5755368a859ec3.png

image.png.1684880adea73059b5065b041bcc502d.png

image.png.79ec656b6937f78967f3049298c9f121.png

If they told you it wasn't a car but a motorbike, would you believe them or would you believe your own eyes? That's a lithium fire, clear as day. 

Where is your evidence that the vehicle that caused the Luton Car Park Fire was a diesel hybrid?

“Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.”

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1