Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Dash-cam installation in Pattaya

jcowle

Two possible options for installation.

1) Hard Wiring - Check your warranty as a hard wired dash-cam could void the warranty (for any electrical issues).

- Hard Wiring with a fuse tap is simple... (plenty of videos), you can hard wire to an 'always on' circuit, or an 'ignition off-off' circuit depending if you want parking mode or not.

Note - IF hard wiring to an 'always on' circuit, ensure you use a 'battery magic' device to protect against battery drain (the battery magic turns off the cam if usage while parked takes the battery power to below a pre-set voltage (i.e. 12.0 volts etc).

2) 12v plug - which is the simplest and wont void any warranty - this installation is by far the easiest and any cabling is extremely simple to route through the upholstery and down any pillars etc.

I'm not particularly tech-minded, yet I have installed FWD and rear facing dash-cams on two of my motorcycles (Innov K2) and on about 5 Cars.... 

So.. don't worry too much this is something that can easily be done yourself in half an hour, otherwise, perhaps at a place such as cockpit or a car electrics shop (the kind of place which sells car audio etc) - but you should know which circuit into which you wish to hook in the dash-cam power and to have the right kit to prevent battery drain etc... 

1 hour ago, jcowle said:

Hi Guys,

Any recommendations in as to where I can get a dash-cam front and rear fitted.

Thanks in advance

John

Boy Sound on Suk southbound after the 36 and before the Mitsu dealership can do it but check cost first.

There is (or was?) a car audio place on 3rd Road south bound side roughly opposite soi 21 or close to there (before Double Kiss) that should be able to help.

• Thumbs Up 1

Treat yourself to a night in Bangkok and let the Shop "Rocket Sound" take care of it. Their parking is full of Supercars. Must be a well known place. They did it for us (Front and Back) professionally. Would choose them anytime again.

19 hours ago, moogradod said:

Treat yourself to a night in Bangkok and let the Shop "Rocket Sound" take care of it. Their parking is full of Supercars. Must be a well known place. They did it for us (Front and Back) professionally. Would choose them anytime again.

Hi Moogradad, do you have any contact details, please? I’ve searched but can find nothing. An address or phone number, email would be much appreciated. Thanks. ????

Big C south Pattaya, there is a boot inside next to the cashiers, very good guy Khun Anek and service, installation (at the parking lot) included in the product - did mine 2 years ago....

Edited by MrJ

4 hours ago, AjarnMartin said:

Hi Moogradad, do you have any contact details, please? I’ve searched but can find nothing. An address or phone number, email would be much appreciated. Thanks. ????

I will send a PM.

4 hours ago, AjarnMartin said:

For unknown reasons you cannot receive Private Messages. I did as well write somme comment but here is at least the most important info attached. I did install a Viofo 129a plua with front and back camera. Very nice picture and the back camera nearly not noticeable from outside. They have as well a (successor ?) Viofo 130. You should review that.

I bought the camera online, Rocket Sound do not sell them but the installation is perfect.

107149334_ROCKETSOUND.jpg.96429b0888aeefff87856ccbbf452497.jpg

Edited by moogradod

• 3 months later...

By far the best car cam service I have found is the Camera Centre shop at Lotus, South Pattaya. They fitted a top quality front and rear camera for me on the spot. I have had cameras for two vehicles fitted previously by Boys . I was not satisfied with their service , having to go back several times to rectify one faulty fit. Camera Centre charged approximately half that of Boys for a superior product.